• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evolved Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie & More Mega-Evolved Pokémon Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:41 am Reply with quote
Okay. So we can pretty safely say that they're tipping their hand as to the final types of the new starters here right? I mean, they're specifically mentioning in the press release that they can each learn this one particular off type move. If so, that's fantastic. I really want to build a rain based water team with Politoed, Seismitoad and Froakie. So something with no grass weakness and a flying STAB would be great. Now I just hope he can learn Hurricane.
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:58 am Reply with quote
What on earth made Nintendo think that Garchomp of all Pokemon needs to get stronger?
Actar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:04 am Reply with quote
I suspect the fire starter will be the new Renamon.

Also, customizable characters are definitely a win.
CarnivalCorpse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:11 am Reply with quote
I'm really like the fire & grass evolutions, so depending on stats/final forms its more likely going to be one of them! Really excited for this game, although pokemon games have been my weakness for years so i shouldn't be surprised!
gedata

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:40 pm Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:
I like the evolved form of the fire and water starters, but the grass one looks like a derpy Totoro. Anime hyper

I'm not really digging the new garchomp and mewtwo (I really liked the last one, but this one... Eh).

http://i.imgur.com/Rd1H0YC.jpg
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:28 am Reply with quote
Little_Hawk wrote:
What on earth made Nintendo think that Garchomp of all Pokemon needs to get stronger?

Now it'll get walled by Fairy types in competitive play. Laughing
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:12 pm Reply with quote
With Steel-type Pokemon no longer having a partial resistance to Ghost and Dark-type moves, Pokemon such as Mawile, Bronzor, and Honedge will be a bit simpler to battle against, particularly when using Special moves.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Do Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie sound to anybody else like they'd be good names for Fraggles?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
With Steel-type Pokemon no longer having a partial resistance to Ghost and Dark-type moves, Pokemon such as Mawile, Bronzor, and Honedge will be a bit simpler to battle against, particularly when using Special moves.

Except that Mawile is now Steel/Fairy, which gives it resistance to Dark. Ground and Fire are the only types to get SE damage; everything else is either neutral, resisted, or immune. Add in Mega Mawile's increased defenses (how much we don't know, but it's an increase), Fairy's great offensive capability, and addition of Huge Power and it may not be as easy to deal with.

Bronzong, Jirachi, and Metagross aren't as lucky, though. Jirachis is especially getting boned since not only is now weak to Ghost, Electric got a buff since they now can't be paralyzed. No more ParaFlinch hax for him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ginsan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:04 am Reply with quote
No strong looking pokemon except for Pyroar, hope it has potential like Sceptile, Charizard, and a few more of Ash's pokemons
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2