• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Which FMP season you like the most?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:43 pm Reply with quote
In my opinon the fumoffu season was the best FMP has offer so far. Sure,I love the action from season 1 and 3 but the comedy in the fumoffu was well written. For example in one of the episodesspoiler[when Sousuke forgot Kaname homework an they went on adventure against time and the police. And then later found out that her teacher was out sick, that was a riot. ] Or did anyone see the episode when Sousuke dress up as a teddy bear and took out those mobsters. It could be the comedy anime I had seen since FLCL.

Last edited by naruto fan 09812 on Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:57 am; edited 3 times in total
Nomigid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I like FMP Fumoffu the best of the three.
I wonder if they make a fourth season, will they go back to Fumoffu?
It would fit in the pattern, and there is a lot of things they still could do with the High School theme.
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:34 pm Reply with quote
pssh, although i love the comedy of FUMOFFU, it was pretty retardedly put together and i LOVE the episode where he forgot Kaname's homework but it doesnt do anything for FMP or FMP TSR
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:22 pm Reply with quote
As I stated in another thread: the first DVD of TSR featured the best FMP episodes that I've seen so far and the intense action kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. The action in the first seasons on the other hand, though well-done wasn't really up to par with the other action-oriented series and rendered the show slightly above-average action-wise, but luckily, FMP isn't all about action which saved the fisrt season for me.

The villains this time around -the twins and spoiler[Tessa's brother ]- interest me more than Gauron ever did. I've been hearing TSR is the best FMP season, so I hope the other releases will be even better.

Second, I can't decide between the first season and Fumofu, I liked the plot in the first season, mostly the beginning and the end chapters, the middle ones weren't as interesting and I'm not too fond of replaying them and Fumofu, while purely comedic and didn't move the main plot an inch, it had nice interactions between Kaname and Sousuke, not to mention the animation and music were superior to the fisrt season, it's like both seasons complete the other for me.
God Gundam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:24 pm Reply with quote
FMP!, Fumoffu and TSR aren't seasons, they're separate series in a single franchise.
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Edit: nevermind i got you, little misunderstanding, thanks Nagisa

NO, im pretty sure that TSR continues the original story even though it makes references to FUMOFFU

Last edited by Animefreak6969 on Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
coldmug

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:53 pm Reply with quote
I like fumoffu the best just because of all the comedy. Than i like TSR just from all the action and the suprises they throw at you. than after that i liked the first seeson .Than so far FMP has been one of my favorate series and i'm able to watch it over and over again with out getting tired of it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:58 pm Reply with quote
The original is the best one because it has a superior blend of both the comedy aspect and the storyline/drama/mecha action aspect as well. Not to mention it's the longest. I loved all 3 series so far though.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Animefreak6969 wrote:
NO, im pretty sure that TSR continues the original story even though it makes references to FUMOFFU

No, God Gundam's point is that seasons are parts of one continuous show. Full Metal Panic! is not one continuous show, it's three separate shows that each pick up where the other left off. Fumoffu and Second Raid are sequel series, not second and third seasons.

Anyway, personally my favoritism is more or less split between Fumoffu and Second Raid, depending on just what criteria I'm judging on. The first Full Metal Panic! blended the comedy and story elements, but never really excelled at either one (and not to mention was bogged down by various stupidities that are simply givens for it being a Gonzo series). Basically, it got the foot in the door, entertained, and got the viewer interested in more Full Metal Panic! after it. Then Fumoffu and Second Raid come in. Fumoffu takes the comedy element and focuses entirely on refining it. And combined with KyoAni's superior sense of storytelling over Gonzo, it excelled at the comedy. Then came Second Raid, which focused more on the story and all the drama & action & rich character development that comes with it. And again, with KyoAni's talents in writing, they excelled there, too. The first Full Metal Panic! sparked your interest, and then Fumoffu and Second Raid each took the franchise's best qualities and polished them to an equally perfect (yet wholly different) shine.

Long story short, when it comes to the comedy aspect, Fumoffu is my pick. For rich story, Second Raid is my pick. Each one takes its specialty and runs with it in a huge way, and I for one eagerly await a possible (hopefully inevitable?) Third Raid to continue that incredible story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Raven Shinobi wrote:
As I stated in another thread: the first DVD of TSR featured the best FMP episodes that I've seen so far and the intense action kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. The action in the first seasons on the other hand, though well-done wasn't really up to par with the other action-oriented series and rendered the show slightly above-average action-wise, but luckily, FMP isn't all about action which saved the first season for me.

The villains this time around -the twins and spoiler[Tessa's brother ]- interest me more than Gauron ever did. .

I was definitely hooked after watching the first DVD of TSR myself. WOW! Gates is one loony modderpocker. And the twins, beautiful, deadly and sad. Even though Yu Lan spoiler[beat the crap out of Melissa Mao, I think that Melissa felt sorry for her. And she did say something about sad eyes (can't remember exactly what now)] I'm looking forward to the twins' story and what their sensei told them to do. I also feel that their story spoiler[is going to have a tragic ending. I hope that I'm wrong, but....]

But as for which FMP series is the best...well FUMOFFU for sheer hilarity but I think that TSR will be the winner for action and drama.
CGord

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:09 pm Reply with quote
naruto fan 09812 wrote:
In my opinon the fumoffu season was the best FMP has offer so far. Sure,I love the action from season 1 and 3 but the comedy in the fumoffu well written. For example in one of the episodesspoiler[when Sousuke forgot Kaname homework and l they they went on adventure against time and the police. And then later found out that her teacher that was a riot. ] Or did anyone see the episode when Sousuke dress up as a teddy bear and took out those mobsters. It could be the comedy anime I had seen since FLCL.

Agreed, Fumoffu rules all, & the race to get Chidori's study note is indeed the best of the bunch. The scene when they're airborne, with the police car falling with them, is a stunning piece of work. Not to mention it's insanely funny.
TraptedMind

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:06 pm Reply with quote
i haven't seen TSR yet but i would say that FMP! season 1 is best. Fumofu was funny but there was no real plot, which made it a little weaker. both were good though.
tru-alucard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:25 pm Reply with quote
i'd honestly have to say i perfer TSR only because i havnt seen all of Fumofu. IMO, the last 2 eps of TSR were by far the best of any of the others i've seen..
deepon05

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:12 am Reply with quote
tru-alucard wrote:
i'd honestly have to say i perfer TSR only because i havnt seen all of Fumofu. IMO, the last 2 eps of TSR were by far the best of any of the others i've seen..

I agree, the last two were great but spoiler[they seemed to have left it were there can or will be more. Tessa's brother is unexplained and I have a hunch that there will be a new sequel featuring him as the bad guy. The last episode left some thing unfinished and I hope that the people that make the series (i don't know their names) will continue this series soon. I HATE IT WHEN ANIME PRODUCERS LEAVE YOU HANGING![/u]] As for the spoiler tags, I noticed that people haven't seen all of TSR so I made them for you guys.

As for my favorite season, Fumoffu is my favorite. The comedy is excellent unlike FLCL. Mad FLCL was too off the wall and random and went no where with its material. Fumoffu made sense and didn't have hair-brained gimmicks. Plus they are totally unrelated so naruto fan 09812 you need to watch something like School Rumble or Love Hina. Heck the comedy in Naruto is better than FLCL.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:25 am Reply with quote
deepon05 wrote:
I agree, the last two were great but they seemed to have left it were there can or will be more.

Because that was kind of the point. KyoAni used Second Raid to bring the anime in line with the novels, with the idea in mind that they would eventually do sequels. I have a sneaking suspicion that before they moved up producing a Haruhi sequel from 2008 to 2007, we were going to hear about a new Full Metal Panic! series set for next summer. Neutral

deepon05 wrote:
Heck the comedy in Naruto is better than FLCL.

Uh-huh, because Naruto peeing on Ino's head is so much more brilliant than Kamon's Lupin references or Haruko's mouth-to-mouth gags. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2