• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
MyAnime Editing Categories Problem

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Whenever I try to edit my categories for my MyAnime, such as make my comments for a series appear on a different row, like Tony K.'s MyAnime, or change my font size, I get the following message:

The category must apply to at least one of the four choices

I don't really know what that means, and for a little while I thought it was a bug, but I can't seem to get around it even after a few days. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just a bug? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!
undeadben

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:29 pm Reply with quote
When you get that message it just means you haven't selected what the custom category is for. Look for the list under " This category applies to: " and just select what you want the list to be for. If it is anime, just click the box before anime.

As for font size and stuff, while I don't use different sizes I do bold some things and I use HTML for that.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:39 pm Reply with quote
undeadben wrote:
When you get that message it just means you haven't selected what the custom category is for. Look for the list under " This category applies to: " and just select what you want the list to be for. If it is anime, just click the box before anime.

As for font size and stuff, while I don't use different sizes I do bold some things and I use HTML for that.

Hmm, no that can't be it. The part that says "This category applies to:" has the boxes for Anime titles and Manga titles both checked off, and gray so that I can't uncheck them. I don't know how or why that is. Plus, it's not a custom category; it's my Seen All list. Also, when I try to make my Will Not Finish list public, I get the same message that I posted in my opener.

I also use simple HTML for bolding, italicizing, and page breaks. However, there are font size settings in the area where you edit your categories.
undeadben

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:06 am Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:
Hmm, no that can't be it. The part that says "This category applies to:" has the boxes for Anime titles and Manga titles both checked off, and gray so that I can't uncheck them. I don't know how or why that is. Plus, it's not a custom category; it's my Seen All list. Also, when I try to make my Will Not Finish list public, I get the same message that I posted in my opener.

Hmm.. that is a bug then. I hadn't tried it myself but just went into my lists to try it and it won't let me change anything either, but only in the "want to see," "seen some," "seen all," and "will not finish" set categories. I can still change things in my custom ones.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:18 am Reply with quote
Oops, sorry about that. I was a little careless there. I just fixed it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:13 am Reply with quote
Ok, it works now! Thank you very much, Dan42!
Jabberwock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
Oops, sorry about that. I was a little careless there. I just fixed it.

I hope you can fix mine too because I am having the exact same problem Confused Thought I was going out of my mind for a second, but I am glad to see I am not the only one and that it can be fixed Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cardcaptormanda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm having a problem with categories as well. It's similar to this (er...kind of) so I don't think I need to make a new thread for it.

In My Anime, my dropdown list only includes Want to See, Seen Some, Seen All, and Will Not Finish, but none of my custom categories (but they remain in the menu in the upper right corner). I'm pretty sure they were there yesterday, so this is a recent problem. You may already be aware of a problem like this, or maybe I'm the only one having it, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

And by the way, thanks for making it possible for My Anime to be sorted by rankings! Anime smile I've been hoping for that for a long time! Anime catgrin
Jabberwock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:59 pm Reply with quote
cardcaptormanda wrote:

In My Anime, my dropdown list only includes Want to See, Seen Some, Seen All, and Will Not Finish, but none of my custom categories (but they remain in the menu in the upper right corner). I'm pretty sure they were there yesterday, so this is a recent problem. You may already be aware of a problem like this, or maybe I'm the only one having it, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Ya, thats the same thing that's happening with mine. My dropdown list doesn't have basically any of my custom categories with anime listed in them. The box for Anime Titles is checked, and I can't uncheck it, but I can't move or copy anything to them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
d.yaro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:58 am Reply with quote
cardcaptormanda wrote:
In My Anime, my dropdown list only includes Want to See, Seen Some, Seen All, and Will Not Finish, but none of my custom categories (but they remain in the menu in the upper right corner).

Going a little further: I've encountered a similar problem with managing my "My Manga" lists: I'm unable to move titles into a custom category because they don't appear in the drop down list. Furthermore, I think I'm going nuts because I'm quite sure there was a 'copy' option too but now I can only move titles around. I tried editing my lists using a different browser (Safari) and got similar results.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:57 am Reply with quote
Sorry about that; I made a few improvements to MyAnime and that bug slipped through. Now fixed. m(_ _)m

cardcaptormanda spotted the sort-by-rating link but can anyone spot the other improvement? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
undeadben

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:53 am Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
cardcaptormanda spotted the sort-by-rating link but can anyone spot the other improvement? Wink

I can't figure it out, I'm gonna be clicking things in My anime all day unless you tell me Mad

*clicking*

At least a hint? Does it have to do with the description for the worst ever category? Although that may have been there already, I've never used the rating.

*still clicking*

Ack! Anyone else know what it is?

*goes off to click some more*
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:59 am Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
Sorry about that; I made a few improvements to MyAnime and that bug slipped through. Now fixed. m(_ _)m

I did notice that there's a link at the top for "Take a look at _____'s manga," but maybe that was there before, under a different phrasing?
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:03 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
I did notice that there's a link at the top for "Take a look at _____'s manga," but maybe that was there before, under a different phrasing?

That link you point to is certainly not on my screen. Where did you notice that ?

It's kind of tricky to find out what changed, if you've not yet discovered all possibilities that already existed.
e.g. on the right side, there is an option "add anime I've seen". I never noticed that before, but it's probably there already for a long time (isn't it?).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
undeadben

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:15 am Reply with quote
woelfie wrote:
Zalis116 wrote:

That link you point to is certainly not on my screen. Where did you notice that ?

That link appears at the top when you are looking at someone else's public list. Instead of the old one that said "switch to _____'s manga" it now says that.

Quote:
It's kind of tricky to find out what changed, if you've not yet discovered all possibilities that already existed.
e.g. on the right side, there is an option "add anime I've seen". I never noticed that before, but it's probably there already for a long time (isn't it?).

I believe that link was there before, what I think was added on the right side was the "switch to my manga list." Before, I think, that link only appeared at the top.

This is like trying to play that old memory game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2