• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manga Title I submitted

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southcross

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:39 am Reply with quote
I think I messed up the submission I made... I haven't seen an email so it may not have been reviewed yet... dunno

The submission was for "Blue Gender (manga)"
and a url to some scans I made of it... forum it was posted to was members only until recently (oops Embarassed )
http://forum.exp-ext.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=341

I'd love it open it for release dates, page counts, artists, etc... but its never read and sealed in a collectors wrapper.... I don't intend to open it... ever... well.. ok, maybe I will LOL

EDIT---
from eBay auction:
BLUE GENDER MANGA COMIC BOOK

pages : 170 all in b/w
Languages : Japanese
Size : approx 8.2 x 5.8 inches

Condition : Excellent
Southcross

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:42 pm Reply with quote
I know you guys get a ton of submissions... but did my submission for Blue Gender the Manga go through? I haven't seen anything either by email/PM or anything added to the encyclopedia
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:13 am Reply with quote
When something is submitted the staff must check all sources provided to make sure that the imformation that they put in the encyclopedia is relevant. Since they have about 500+ titles waiting to be checked on, it's usually a process that takes anywhere from 1 to 6 months. Depending upon when you submitted it, it could take a while. I submitted a title several months ago and it was just added last month.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:09 am Reply with quote
Added, but only because it fits the criteria of #1 priority.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Southcross

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:09 pm Reply with quote
appreciate the info guys this is my first submission Very Happy
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:14 pm Reply with quote
See if you can find the official romaji of the artists name (加崎 善彦) on the book cover (or on the copyright page, if you want to open its shrink wrap). It can be spelled as Yoshihiko KASAKI, but I can't find any source to support it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Southcross

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:54 pm Reply with quote
if you follow the link I posted.. it will go to scans I made of the front and back.... I can't read Kanji (sp?) Wink
here it is again:
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Southcross wrote:
if you follow the link I posted.. it will go to scans I made of the front and back.... I can't read Kanji (sp?) Wink
here it is again:

That wouldn't cut it. They need some kind of Romaji or source to read it and be 100% sure.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:30 am Reply with quote
Southcross wrote:

I already know his kanji name (加崎 善彦) and a possible romaji (Yoshihiko KASAKI). I just need a reputable and verifiable source.
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:31 am Reply with quote
http://global.yesasia.com/en/prdGrpDept.aspx/section-comics/version-hk/code-c/pid-1001828041/

It's not official, and maybe not reputable, but it's the only decent (i.e. not mentioned in a forum) source I could find.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Yesasia suck at romanizing.. e.g. they always ignore the size of katakana leading to screwed up titles like this
Southcross

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:19 pm Reply with quote
if I find my cotten gloves I'll peek inside the wrapper Wink This, and my pencil sketches/hand painted cells... I want to handle them as little as possible Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1