• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madhouse in the Mix for Boondocks Season 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:31 pm Reply with quote
They didn't mention him as a guest, even though he's a comic artist, too. (Well, was an artist. He apparently got an assistant, and just writes the script nowadays.) I'm guessing the reason would be he's not doing auotgraphs this time around. I'd go, but I already saw him twice. I really wanna meet Amano, though...

Angel: The only anime I'm aware he's familiar with is Akira and Princess Mononoke, but it could have changed since then. He was at one point going to introduce a Japanese guy named Hiro with a scooter similar to Kaneda's bike in the strip, but it fell through.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Now this is interesting news. We will have more of a reason to pick up the rest of the series for our library collection. I'm going to have to see this when it gets started.

I guess when we get our copy I'll try and sit down and catch up on the show.
toomanyalts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:59 pm Reply with quote
So Aaron has returned from his sabbatical? I thought the Christmass one was well done because he was actually being factual about the origins of Christmass well as much time as he had.

Most people still don't know it was banned for decades in America by the supposed Christians living here. Also the Boondocks has had an anime apperance for quite a while. So I don't really understand how Madhouse doing all the art is news.

You have a choice between the unedited season collection and editied season collection of the Boondocks. It depends if you want to see Grampa jazercising nude.
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:35 am Reply with quote
DELETED.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:35 am; edited 2 times in total
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised he's had time to watch anything recent. He's a very busy guy.
ChichiriMuyo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
But why would anyone who makes the show care? Why would Aaron care?

I'd honestly be surprised if anyoen on the staff did care, there are obviously more than enough people that love the show for what it is. That's why there will be a second season, after all.
BeyonderZ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Thats just sad...
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:04 pm Reply with quote
BeyonderZ wrote:
Thats just sad...

Beyond being a pointless and inane one-line post, just what the hell do you mean by that?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Thats just sad...

"How could an awesome and cool JAPANESE anime studio be collaborating in the production of a stupid and idiotic AMERICAN cartoon!!?"

...Maybe?
Raoh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
BeyonderZ wrote:
Thats just sad...

Beyond being a pointless and inane one-line post, just what the hell do you mean by that?

I have to post in agreement with Nagisa.

That was completely pointless. You've wasted not only your own time, but others aswell. You explained no reasons as to why you believe that was "sad", nor does it give any further posts by you any credibility at all.

Congratulations, you've just lowered eveyones opinions of you, aswell as any expectations for relevance in any further posts.

As soon as I read the first post, I felt I had to post in disagreement with Super Ska Master, however, what GATSU stated I feel is pretty much the same opinion as I. So, I am not sure if it needs restating, but I will so anyways.

Family Guy is the best americam comedy cartoon to come out of America, period. The facts are there, people. It is one of VERY few shows that has come back after cancellation, it stays freash and funny with off the wall antics. I have given up watching The Simpsons, because in recent seasons, all I see is a Family Guy wannabe, I am glad Matt Groening left the show.

While The Boondocks is indeed funny with its particular view of the world, and its interesting commentary on political and ethnic views, it doesn't remain fresh as Family Guy. I watch Family Guy whenever its on TV, no matter what episode it is, because it doesn't matter. I laugh at every episode, even episodes from back in 2000 still remain funny and freash. Boondocks episodes do not stay as freash. Some of them do still retain their comedy, however, watching most of them over and over again just makes them seem drab in comparison to when I first saw them.

I have high hopes for the DVD season coming out, as I hope they have found a way to freashen up the episodes so its actually worth buying, otherwise it will be a waste of my money and time.
FlamingPinecone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:07 am Reply with quote
Well made? That honor would go to either Looney Toons or Ren and Stimpy IMO. Disney a third only because I still loathe everything 2-D they've done post Lion King.

Boondocks might contend with Korgoth or Venture Bros for best looking...next season after Madhouse gets it in there capable hands.

fawhooooosh!
Killer 7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:08 am Reply with quote
Raoh wrote:
While The Boondocks is indeed funny with its particular view of the world, and its interesting commentary on political and ethnic views, it doesn't remain fresh as Family Guy. I watch Family Guy whenever its on TV, no matter what episode it is, because it doesn't matter. I laugh at every episode, even episodes from back in 2000 still remain funny and freash. Boondocks episodes do not stay as freash. Some of them do still retain their comedy, however, watching most of them over and over again just makes them seem drab in comparison to when I first saw them.

I somewhat concur. Family Guy is extremely funny,mostly due to the pop culture references and satires.whether it's Optimus Prime being jewish,Cleveland & Quagmire mimicking the rocky 3 ending or even the parody of Superman 2 where supes hurls the infamous cellophane "S" towards Nod. LMMFAO I love Boondocks for it's brutal honesty and social commentary but to me, FG owns all recent animated comedies in America and possibly abroad.

That being said, i can't wait to see what crazy scenarios McGruder will come up with in the next season.

Oh and Gatsu; By now you know that the lost episodes of Chappelle has aired since last weekend. However,The DVD will follow during the week of July 25th i belive. R.I.P. Chappelle's show. you left while on top of your game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2