• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Need help with understand Karas: The Prophecy

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:47 am Reply with quote
Okay I know Karas: The Prophecy is a set up for the rest of the OVA series but I still had a very hard time understanding some parts of the Movie/OVA. Of course I enjoyed it for what it showed me and i'm eaglery awaiting Karas: The Revelation to be released.

So heres what I need help understanding:

1. Who are the two people with Eko in the beginning of Karas: The Prophecy? They are shown at the beginning but aren't shown again later in the film.

2. What was with the girl saying "bye bye" to the cat?

3. Was the person killed by that spider lady the same guy who was the Karas before Otoha? Just wondering

4. I know this might be important but for future reference does the even involving Sakisaka's daughter have any big impact later on?

5. How much of a role will Nue play later on?

some of the questions do involve the next release but for those who have read the comic I just need to know somewhat so I know what to expect.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Well, I've seen the same disc you have and can't answer any of those really. I'd suggest just waiting for the next volume.
lone_samurai

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Well I'll answer what I can....

2. The girl saying "bye bye" to the cat is Sakisaka's daughter, the olny one who survived the massacre at school. And the cat wasn't a cat it was Yurine, after what the girl had been through she now has a six sense.(see what others can't)

3. No, while looking for the new KARAS (Otoha), all they had to go on was a description of him, two people just so happen to match that description. The guy that was killed was just an inocent bystander. Furthermore the KARAS before Otoha was the one who was being rolled into the hospital in the beginning and died two yeas later do to complications, thats why you see the cat (Yurine) there and Otoha is in the bed next to the KARAS who had just died.

5. Nue does seem like a big part of it, seeing as they wan't him alive.

Well I answered what I could hope it helps, I had to watch KARAS about 3 time to understand everything that was going on, after that it's even more enjoyable to watch. If I'm wrong about anything I hope someone corrects me soon.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:54 pm Reply with quote
I was pretty confused about karas too, in fact this post convinced me to rewatch it tonight, but then I realized there are to many new episodes coming out tonight, so it will have to wait till later.

One more quick question someone can answer. The ANN listing says there are 6 episodes. Does that mean there are going to be 6 of these movies coming out, or is this one a combination of 2 or more episodes?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lone_samurai

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Yeah this one is a combination of 2 episodes, And the next one will be the same. As for the thrid I haven't really heard anything about it.
bink1227

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:41 pm Reply with quote
1. there seem to be 3 sets of karas and their matching yurines. only two are focused on, but i'm PRETTY SURE there's another one. it doesn't help that karas a, karas b, and karas c are all equally refered to as karas. they also need a better labeling system for yurines. (one has goggles with an open eye, one has a goggles with a crying eye, and one is unconscious and doesn't have goggles). the "bad karas" has his yurine locked up in the tower. what i've gathered is that the yurine has the power over a karas' sword. when she says it's ok, the power is unleashed. if your yurine is incapacitated, i guess you get unlimited power. the girl karas' yurine doesn't let her interfere, and we see the girl karas tugging on her sword to no avail.

IF YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT THE OTHER BAD GUYS ON TOP OF THE BUILDING...they're shown throughout the anime. they're the ones who have been killing people and the ones that otoha has been fighting.

2. she's crazy, yo, and she can see spirits.

3. i think the first karas is actually shown dying in his hospital bed in the same scene where yurine is cat-shaped. the camera pans over to the cat who is now standing in front of a different bed. i THINK that's the main karas of the story.

4. good question.

5. hopefully a bad ass one.

also, the first release is comprised of 3 episodes and the second release will also be comprised of 3 episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1