• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Anime Times

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gage

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:30 am Reply with quote
What does everyone think of the The Anime Times that I'm thinking about writing. This would be written as Anime News of two days. Example, Issue 1 June 3-June 4.

Feel free to IM me on AIM anytime.
hentai4me

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:21 am Reply with quote
What would you're sources for this news be?

How many people would be assisting you?

What kind of readership would you be aiming to get?(news for new fans? Indepth news for old regulars?)

Do you have a sample page/pages available for a look over?

etc...More info always makes this kind of thing easier.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:25 am Reply with quote
Theres already quite a few anime news magazines. Protoculture, Newtype, Anime Insider and Animerca are all magazines about anime and the latest news on anime coming to america. If you still go ahead and decide to make your own try looking through some of those magazines to see how you should do things. Like reading a guide book.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Gage

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:02 am Reply with quote
Your right. But, I search through the Internet for the latest information. And, reword the news. And, no I do not claim this news to be my own, I make that clear on the front page. "Source ANN or Anime Nation.
hentai4me

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:24 am Reply with quote
So in other words you offer news that is already available on this very site to users of this site?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:22 pm Reply with quote
I'd also advise you to seriously improve your grammar and spelling if you plan on writing a professional newsletter. What you're showing us here wouldn't be acceptable in the least.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jousha

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:07 am Reply with quote
Gage wrote:
What does everyone think of the The Anime Times that I'm thinking about writing.

Derivative.

(But if you really wanted to do it, you shouldn't ask us--especially when we're at a forum for anime news, and we aren't asking for another news site. Just go do what pleases you and see if it becomes good enough to attract attention.)
Gage

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Yes I know I need to improve my grammer skills. You honestly think I would use those kind of skills in a "news paper." Also, I'm just doing this for fun and not for competition or attention. It would be nice though.
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Yea, sounds like he's just doing a Amateur newsletter. So he won't be having any interviews with people in the anime business. If it's just for fun, I'd say go for it so you can keep improving and get bigger and bigger until you've progressed into a pro mag.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Gage wrote:
You honestly think I would use those kind of skills in a "news paper."

All the same, if you don't demonstrate here that you're at least sufficiently literate, nobody's going to take you seriously, and you'll have an extremely hard time finding people willing to work with you on a writing-oriented project (or...much of anything, really, but especially a writing-oriented project).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Also you'd have to take into consider what would make people read your newletters on anime instead of going to reliable sites such as anime news network. As Nagisa said if you can't demonstrate something here that people would like what makes you think people would be attracted to your work? Not trying to be mean but you haven't really given much of anything on what this newspaper would contain other than articles that would be featured on this very site.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Gage

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Yeah your right... I think I may hold off on this until I have really thought about it. I think that would be a good idea.
hentai4me

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:22 am Reply with quote
Gage wrote:
Yeah your right... I think I may hold off on this until I have really thought about it. I think that would be a good idea.

Its a fine idea, you would just need to find different sources of information. If all your news comes from this site and other similar sites then why would we want an amateur newsletter rather than just clicking here for professinally done news?
Gage

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:28 am Reply with quote
It is hard for sources where I live. I'm located in Malone NY, US and in this village there is nothing! I'm not even located near ONE source of Anime buisnessmen but, I was thinking if I go out to a video store and see an Anime title release date, that could be a good source for news. Also, I could add like crosswords to the "Anime Times" to make it more originally.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1