• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cartoon Network acquires 52 more ep of Inuyasha

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:00 pm Reply with quote
The whole thing can be found here: http://pub165.ezboard.com/fperfecteditionfrm8.showMessage?topicID=700.topic Apparently CN has bought up to episode 104 of Inuyasha. They will also start dubbing 5 episodes a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Death W. Apacolypse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Well remember its not CN who owns the series but by VIZ. And they are the ones who dubbing/subbing and releasing the series in the US.

Now Turner Broadcasting is paying VIZ to allow them to air Inu Yasha on their station known as Cartoon Network.

But in all actuallity its Viz that has the legal right to produce the series for US release.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:40 pm Reply with quote
I somehow doub they'll be showing all 52 episodes on the run starting August 25th if they're only up to episode 70. That's too bad, it meens we'll be getting a short run of new episodes, unless they can get 30 episodes banged out in a few months.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm just happy that we get new episodes. Smile
king_micah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Short run, more like seven weeks, a repeat cycle, another series, then new episodes. I predict by spring the new eps will or at least be schedualed.
Shorty22

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:03 pm Reply with quote
I agree with lianncoop. I'm just glad we're getting a few new episodes. 16 is enough for a whole month. (4 weeks of 4 eps anyway)

The only thing I hope for is when they stop, it's in a 'good' place. For example, did they really have to show the beginning of Kouga and stop? What was wrong with stopping after the 35th episode? I imagine they just work in even numbers, regardless of where they land in the story.
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I guess the current ep count is 104, with the around 116 out in Japan. Atleast we are slowing catching up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Shorty22 wrote:
The only thing I hope for is when they stop, it's in a 'good' place. For example, did they really have to show the beginning of Kouga and stop? What was wrong with stopping after the 35th episode? I imagine they just work in even numbers, regardless of where they land in the story.

When Cartoon Network buys episodes for their seasons they don't buy according to the shows actual seasons, but what they want for a season. They usually plan a start date and end date and then buy for the days covered. If CN is getting Viz to do 52 new eps for Cartoon Network then that evens out perfectly to 13 weeks at for days a week for Adult Swim. If they went by a 53 episode japanese season they'd have an extra episode.

Now, I might be getting this wrong because I'm not really a faithful folower, but if the season runs 53 eps, then they're starting on their third season now. Wouldn't the first 2 seasons be 106 episodes? If they're stoping at 104 they may be missing the end of the season by 2 episodes. Anyone know for sure if this is how things are panning out? i dont' think the dates are panning out right, but this seems to be about right.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:06 pm Reply with quote
From what I've heard, the place CN is up to now (ep 104) is early in a new saga(Think, the beginning of the Kouga saga, first 2 eps were dubbed, then just stopped right there)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Anime_Freak wrote:
From what I've heard, the place CN is up to now (ep 104) is early in a new saga(Think, the beginning of the Kouga saga, first 2 eps were dubbed, then just stopped right there)

The Koga saga starts about episode 35.

OK, I think I've got this figured out. It's not 52 new episodes that we're getting, it's 52 total starting from Ep1. According to TVTome the last new episode we'll see is Episode 52. We aren't catching up at all, we aren't even half way through. I did read that the first season was 52 episodes in japan, not 53 so atleast we'll be through with that much.

Viz is probably the ones with the 104 eps and with 52 ep seasons that would average out to exactly 2 seasons. If they're up to 70 now then that's enough for another run on CN right there, but it's going to be over a year before they get to episode 100 at this rate, the DVDs will likly pass them. CN may have the broadcast rights up to 104, but it seems they're still an awful long way away from it.

Emerje
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:36 pm Reply with quote
I agree Emeje. It will be some time before we see these eps on CN. And Thank You for mentioning my nearly 1 year old IY guide on TVTome. Anime smile We're slowly gaining popularity as more people like you tell everyone about us. -M.A.S.K. Fan
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Hey, i really like the stuff being done at TVTome.com, especially where Yesterday Land seems to be gone for good now.

Emerje
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1