• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam Seed Reruns

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiriath

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:37 pm Reply with quote
The Cartoon Network showed about half of Gundam Seed every other week... and I don't see them this week. Anyone have any suggestions as to why they aren't showing them?

Is the Cartoon Network going to show Destiny at all?
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:44 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't rule out the fact that they won't get it, but since Seed didn't do well in the USA, then I'd think that they wouldn't be very interested in it. This is only my opinion, of course.

& regardless, GSD is definitely one of the weaker Gundam series anyway.
barfing_bunnies

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:05 am Reply with quote
Kiriath wrote:
The Cartoon Network showed about half of Gundam Seed every other week... and I don't see them this week. Anyone have any suggestions as to why they aren't showing them?

Is the Cartoon Network going to show Destiny at all?

Cartoon Network is known for taking something off as soon as they figure out that it's getting bad ratings Crying or Very sad . The reason why GS was taken off of Toonami after 26 eps. is because of how little it was watched, so they moved it to the 1:00 timeslot on Friday nights Rolling Eyes, still struggling with ratings, it was moved to 5:00 every other Saturday morning with YuYu Hakusho hoping to get somewhat better ratings since there are more viewers on Fridays who wake up early than stay up late. Most shows on CN don't stay for more than 2 years, especially if they have exceptionally low ratings (Zoids, Gundam Seed, etc) and Gundam Seed has been on there for about 2 years if you take all of the times it's been moved and moved from timeslot to timeslot. To just throw this at you, do you know how spoiler[heavily editted] it was, if GSD is supposedly contain mature/sexual (spoiler[with Atrun and Cagalli's relationship in particular]) content from what I've read, chances are that it will appear on Toonami heavily butchered or an 8% chance on Adult Swim (I doubt it, since the counterpart was aired on Toonami but Tenchi's been aired on Toonami as well as Adult Swim), but I know that CN is definitely going to get GSD some time in late 2006 or early 2007 because it's been dubbed already and according to Anime Insider, it's one of the most-wanted animes for 2006. I hear that it's not worth it though, spoiler[since the producer's wife barged in halfway through and started writing the story making it soap opera-esque].
x_silversurfer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:33 am Reply with quote
barfing_bunnies wrote:
To just throw this at you, do you know how spoiler[heavily editted] it was, if GSD is supposedly contain mature/sexual (spoiler[with Atrun and Cagalli's relationship in particular])

I've watched all of Gundam Seed Destiny (unfortunately) and there is not excesive nudity... However, there are those "the chick is naked in some dream world setting" (if you know what I mean) and once when spoiler[Stellar and Shin meet up] but you don't see anything.
Nothing is really shown between Athran and Cagalli in the way of nudity and or mature situations...
The only thing found in this anime is one really skimpy outfit worn by one of the main characters.
There should be minimal editing if it goes on CN and if it is edited, it will be for time... That way, they can rot our brains with more commercials for either play-doh or Senior life mutual funds...

Khrim
Alex K.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:22 am Reply with quote
Don't forget that when Tenchi aired on AS it was still the edited version, but that was only because the lineup was made at the last minute and they didn't have time to get the rights for the uncut version.
Kiriath

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. Oh well, I can hope.

Seed's story rocks, but I have to fast forward through half of Destiny to see the giant robots shooting at each other, sure. Wink
barfing_bunnies

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:35 pm Reply with quote
x_silversurfer wrote:
barfing_bunnies wrote:
To just throw this at you, do you know how spoiler[heavily editted] it was, if GSD is supposedly contain mature/sexual (spoiler[with Atrun and Cagalli's relationship in particular])

I've watched all of Gundam Seed Destiny (unfortunately) and there is not excesive nudity... However, there are those "the chick is naked in some dream world setting" (if you know what I mean) and once when spoiler[Stellar and Shin meet up] but you don't see anything.
Nothing is really shown between Athran and Cagalli in the way of nudity and or mature situations...
The only thing found in this anime is one really skimpy outfit worn by one of the main characters.
There should be minimal editing if it goes on CN and if it is edited, it will be for time... That way, they can rot our brains with more commercials for either play-doh or Senior life mutual funds...

Khrim

Really Shocked ? I thought that GSD might have even more sex since GS:Special Edition had it to some extent, oh well Rolling Eyes .
x_silversurfer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:36 pm Reply with quote
barfing_bunnies wrote:
Really Shocked ? I thought that GSD might have even more sex since GS:Special Edition had it to some extent, oh well Rolling Eyes .

Nope sorry. Nothing like that there... I hope I didn't spoil it for you, but if there were actually scenes like that then perhaps the anime would have been interesting...

Khrim
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1