• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Thanks moderators... for killing my enthusiasm

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mugen138

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:12 pm Reply with quote
I think the point of a forum is so that people can discuss things and let off steam with likeminded people?

I think the moderators here like tony k. are too high-and-mighty and have a righteous attitude which really kills off the enthusiasm and fun that people bring to this board.

Anyways goodbye and thanks for killing off my enthusiasm. I'm pretty sure there are are other better places on the internet that value free speech and fun.

tony k. - who needs Big Brother when we have u right?
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:14 pm Reply with quote
You forgot about Nagisa, Abunai, and Tempest dude.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:22 pm Reply with quote
mugen138 wrote:
I'm pretty sure there are are other better places on the internet that value free speech and fun.

There sure are are! I am am sorry you feel that way Sad.

Teh Rules wrote:
3) Discussions should carry some measure of intelligence to them. Consider if what you are writing is relevant or important to others. If it does not contribute to the discussion, do not post it. Please post detailed answers to questions, lists and one-liners do not contribute.

If mating with anime characters is a part of this or if anyone would like to vote on whether the subject is "enthusiastic" feel free to say so now. Seriously, everyone just post "yes" or "no" and feel free to tell us why if you want.

mugen138 wrote:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, onii-chan Very Happy.

Last edited by Tony K. on Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alex K.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Whatever you do, don't go to Anipike. They will ban you if you like dubs and tell people to quit it with the "LOL!1111" nonsense. Seriously, I mentioned how the Cowboy Bebop dub is one of the best ever and one of the mods told me to "...f*ck off with your crappy voice acting. Anipike doesn't need losers like you," and another one said, "You are being very rude. People can talk however they like on this board. You don't like it, tough." Right. So it's okay for some dumbass Inuyasha fangirl to say, "OMGLOL INUYASHA IS SO KUUT SESSHIE IS MY BISHIE LOL IF U LYK INUYASHA REPLY TO THIS LOL11111 Laughing Laughing Laughing" but I'm not allowed to POLITELY ask people to stop it with the leet speak? Whatever. Those mods are no better than the morons for the ill-fated GOUF (Gundam Official User Forums).
Space_cowboy64

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I’m sorry but I have to agree with Mugen on some aspects of what he said. However before I start I would like to mention that Tony K is perhaps the only mod who actually listens to the people and actually gives a damn about us, because he was one of us. God bless Tony haha.

Yea I think Nagisa is way too harsh on the old grammar problems, I believe if it’s honestly good enough to read then it should be allowed. You mods are way too strict on grammar. There was an incident not long ago where I had put once the word "U" instead of "you". Just once and I got my post deleted and some smart ass little comment from our good friend Nagisa. I can understand if it was absolutely awful, but I believe everything I have written is readable to anyone with slight intelligence or half a brain.

Sorry if this seems like having a go at the mods but I had to get it off my chest. So make your smart little arsey comments, I couldn’t care less.

Space

p.s tony is a ledge without a doubt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Not sure if you're gonna read this mugen but I'm gonna post this just in case. This site has the most well run anime forum I have ever seen. Every other site I have been to has exactly what this site stops (things such as Kagome so kawwwaaiiii!!! OMG, LOL OK WOAH!). Thanks to the rules and the strict moderators, actual discussions occur. Too many times on other forums people just post and everyone just talks, with no real discussion happening. You'll be hard pressed to find another anime forum like this on the internet. Sorry your enthusiasm was killed, but try following the rules. I'm sure your find your experience more enjoyable then.

Oh and by the way like others have said, if you think Tony K. is "high and mighty" then I can only imagine what your opinion of Nagisa would be.

Last edited by TranceLimit174 on Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
-gecko-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:50 pm Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:

...and demi-mods like outlawwolf and others...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:00 pm Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:

Abu-yan is not a mod.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:16 pm Reply with quote
mugen138 wrote:
I think the point of a forum is so that people can discuss things and let off steam with likeminded people?

But you're not of a like mind with this forum. This forum is for lighthearted, semi-serious discussion about anime, not the kiddie drivel you posted. Stuff like that is exactly what's been keeping me from posting much here, I got tired of sorting through it. You can go anywhere on the net for crap like that, that's not what this forum is for.

Quote:
I think the moderators here like tony k. are too high-and-mighty and have a righteous attitude which really kills off the enthusiasm and fun that people bring to this board.

Tony used to delete his own posts way-back-when, I seriously doubt he'd let crap like yours fly.

Quote:
Anyways goodbye and thanks for killing off my enthusiasm. I'm pretty sure there are are other better places on the internet that value free speech and fun.

Cry me a river. Someone said you shouldn't go to the Anipike forum, but I'm thinking you'll fit right in. Oh, and I love it when people play the "free speech" token on the internet where something like that doesn't exist.

Quote:

Um, technically isn't Big Brother exactly what a mod is? They watch everything you do, read everything you write, and if you don't follow the rules of the "community" they take action. Maybe you've just got a very lax understanding of just what rules and mods are.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
...and demi-mods like outlawwolf and others...

Hey! Sorry if I seem like I constantly backseat mod or anything, just things annoy me and I address them.
shadow_guyver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:40 pm Reply with quote
I actually quite like the strictness of the mods here. It's why this is my favorite forum to visit (I come by at least once a day). The mods here keep things orderly, and I like that.
NeonGEvangelion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:48 pm Reply with quote
The mods are alrite here, they might sometimes act like they have a stick up you know where, but overall they are good people just trying to keep the forum running smoothly.
patch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:52 pm Reply with quote
TranceLimit174 wrote:
Oh and by the way like others have said, if think Tony K. is "high and mighty" then I can only imagine what your opinion of Nagisa would be.

Laughing good call. I think Tony K/Nagisa have a good cop/bad copy deal going on here. Tony normally lets some more stuff slide while Nagisa is more militant and strict Smile Surprised that Nagisa didn't lock that crap when he saw it, are you becoming more of a softy Nagisa? :p

Bottom line is thanks to the both of them and the rules of the community here, we actually have a great forum for general anime discussion which is virtually impossible to find anywhere else on the net from what I have seen. Most are filled with bs 'list' threads and the drivel such as thread in question.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Space_cowboy64 wrote:
I can understand if it was absolutely awful, but I believe everything I have written is readable to anyone with slight intelligence or half a brain.

There's your problem, right there. Wink

dormcat wrote:
outlawwolf wrote:

Abu-yan is not a mod.

That's right. The only kind of mod I am is this kind. And be glad I'm not, or there'd be Hell to pay. When it comes to dealing with 1337speek and poor grammar, I make Nagisa look like a teletubby.

Oh, and dormcat... "Abu-yan"? Rolling Eyes Since when are you from Naniwa?

- abunai
I actually had one of those Mod Hair Ken dolls when I was a kid. Him and Big Jim got on like a house on fire.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:58 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
outlawwolf wrote:

Abu-yan is not a mod.

Itai! Thats a bad mistake!

Alex K. wrote:
So it's okay for some dumbass Inuyasha fangirl to say, "OMGLOL INUYASHA IS SO KUUT SESSHIE IS MY BISHIE LOL IF U LYK INUYASHA REPLY TO THIS LOL11111 Laughing Laughing Laughing" but I'm not allowed to POLITELY ask people to stop it with the leet speak? Whatever.

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=191
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2