• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Question regarding Figure 17 complete collection

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesjmiller

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:59 am Reply with quote
I've never seen it in stores, so I'd like to order it online. This is my question: What does it consist of? If it's the original 6 discs and cases in some type of artbox, cool. But if not, I'd probably buy them individually.

I can't find a photo or detailed enough description of it anywhere to answer this. If it's thinpack or something similar to the Princess Nine/Crest of the Stars/new Kenshin collections I think I'd rather pick up the discs individually.

Thank you for the help.
Kusanagi_Kei

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:13 am Reply with quote
This thread should be reallocated to the retail forum. And it may already have as people are reading this post.

I'm not sure of the collection myself, because I've had my eyes set on it as well, but I'm sure it's an artbox housing the standard DVD cases OR a book type of collection (like those seen in Love Hina Perfect Collection or Tsukikage Ran from Bandai).

I'm not sure how Media Blasters publishes their complete collections, so I'm guessing it might be similar to what you see in the Rurouni Kenshin/Twelve Kingdoms collections(?).

Anyway, here are the contents on the discs:
Textless open and close
Behind the scenes featurettes
Japanese voice recording featurette
Promo reels
Image galleries
Interviews with the original Japanese director, composer and voice actors
Clips from conventions and press conferences

One of the reasons why I want it is because of the live interviews with the seiyuus (esp Inoue Kikuko) Smile
But to be brief, the DVDs in the complete collection are EXACT replicas of the individual DVDs themselves. Only the packaging is different.

Check out areaseven's fansite for details (if you haven't already done so):
http://figure17.areaseven.net/goods/videos/index.html

DVD Pacific has a good price:
http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=629276
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:43 am Reply with quote
It's a a very thin brick about half the size of a normal one which is pretty much what the most recent collections of Berserk and Seven of Seven look like, for example. I think that the disks overlap each other and are a bit of a pain to remove. The collection for this series was something I was definitely looking forward to, but I quickly lost interest as soon as I found out it was going to be that kind of collection (brick, instead of box set containing the singles). It's going to be a bit more expensive, but I'm planning on picking up the singles eventually myself and you'd probably want to as well, unless you just want to watch the show and don't care about aesthetics or saving money.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:22 am Reply with quote
I have it, and SnowFairyX is correct--it's a thin case roughly the width of two DVDs, and the discs do overlap. It's similar to the Berserk or the new Kenshin collections, which are also done by Media Blasters. I don't think that there was ever an artbox for F17, so I didn't really see the point in spending $120 on the singles when deepdiscountDVD had the collection for $45. The discs really aren't that much of a pain to remove, no more than the average brick like Card Captor Sakura.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1