• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aloron

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:00 am Reply with quote
hay guys i need some help here .. i have been trying for over 2 hours now to find a website or some way to make a avatar for these fourms and some others i look at ..

any ideas ?? i hope .. i am having no luck after 2 hours .. and my eyes are going buggy trying to fig. this out ..

so any help would be great ..

thanks again
aprince

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:34 am Reply with quote
go to google-images and type iln what kind of picture you want to have as your avitar like a certain anime, click on it to find the website, copy the website, go to your profile, insert website for your avitar, and your there

also make sure that you go to size and pick small. If the picture is too big it wont work
patch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:37 pm Reply with quote
The simplest (and free as in beer) application that can do simple resizing/croping is IrfanView.

Pretty straight forward to use, load an image, click and drag the section of the image you want to crop and select the Edit..Crop Image menu item. You can also resize images by selecting the Image..Resize/Resample.

Keep in mind the maximum dimentions of an avatar here is 80x80 pixels, and 6kb size.

If this still sounds too complicated, post a link to your image here or shoot me PM and I'll help you out.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:15 pm Reply with quote
You were "looking for two hours" for help on avatars, and it never occurred to you to check the Bugs & Technical Questions forum of this very website?

Good job. Way to make the most of your resources.

By the way, right here, though you seem to no longer need it.

Locking this thread. Next time do some better research before asking this sort of thing. And ask it in the correct forum, too; this sort of thing belongs in that oh-so-hard-to-find ( Rolling Eyes ) Bugs & Technical Questions forum where the answer already was.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1