• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Desert Punk

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fosterjd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:56 am Reply with quote
I didn't see a topic on here about Desert Punk, so I thought I might start one. I was looking for a new show to watch and decided to purchse the DVD 1 + box. So far: excellent. Laugh-out loud hilarity, likeable characters, engaging & fast moving plots, and an overall "fun" factor. GONZO puts forth another commendable effort with the artwork, as well as a score that fits the show perfectly. I am really enjoying it so far (after the first 4 eps.) Just thought i'd drop my reccomendation Smile
Has anyone else seen the north american release or fansubs(don't spoil it for me Razz)
DarthLampe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:02 am Reply with quote
fosterjd wrote:
I didn't see a topic on here about Desert Punk, so I thought I might start one. I was looking for a new show to watch and decided to purchse the DVD 1 + box. So far: excellent. Laugh-out loud hilarity, likeable characters, engaging & fast moving plots, and an overall "fun" factor. GONZO puts forth another commendable effort with the artwork, as well as a score that fits the show perfectly. I am really enjoying it so far (after the first 4 eps.) Just thought i'd drop my reccomendation Smile
Has anyone else seen the north american release or fansubs(don't spoil it for me Razz)

Yeah, the fansubs before it got licensed. Went by the name of Sunabozu. I need to pick up the dub when I get a chance.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:38 pm Reply with quote
I will agree with your comment on the fast moving plots however, I find the main character quite unlikeable. I'm not sure if it's the lack of facial features or his vulgarity, but I just can't feel for the protagonist of his series. I like the fact that the first DVD has over 15 minutes of Japanese bonus materials, another 15 minutes of new American bonus materials, and the alternate edited episode 1 for extras. Also the typical Funimation angle selection for both English, and Japanese credits. My main compliant for the R1 release is the lack of Funimations tpical transparent case w/ dual sided cover. I hope this is an exception, not a new trend for Funimation. Although I have mixed feelings towards the content, I'm determined to collect the rest of the series since Funimation does such a good job with their releases.
NeonGEvangelion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Might sound a bit odd, but is Desert Punk worth investing money into. I love Action/Drama/Romance/Comedy anime, but Desert Punk looks a little unclear to me at the time. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1