• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
OT:That Heat guy J ad

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Nero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:00 am Reply with quote
Is it just me or does it make a damn beeping noise? I was just trolling the boards listening to some music (quite loudly) when all the sudden two beeps scared the hell out of me. I almost jumped right out of my seat. So is it that ad or is just me?

Jordan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:04 am Reply with quote
It's the ad. It's only supposed to beep when you put your mouse over it... (ANN doesn't permit our advertisors to do sound on load).

A few people have said that they get the pinging sound regardless of whether their mouse is on the ad or not. I don't have this problem, but I've just (tonight) pointed it out to the developpers.

Last edited by Tempest on Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dark Nero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:15 am Reply with quote
Thanks for that imformative post, yea I never roll over the ad, must something wrong with the java script.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Dark Nero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:49 am Reply with quote
uh-oh something happened now all of ANN is going crazy pages not loading, headers left half done haha
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:14 am Reply with quote
Dark Nero wrote:
uh-oh something happened now all of ANN is going crazy pages not loading, headers left half done haha

dan kinda did that.

he's busy (and painfully, i assure you) fixing his mistake.

[EDIT: And it seems he's fixed it. :)]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
molloaggie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:22 am Reply with quote
wow, that was a fast fix
Case

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
A few people have said that they get the pinging sound regardless of whether their mouse is on the ad or not. I don't have this problem, but I've just (tonight) pointed it out to the developpers.

Ever used the new versions of Netscape, with the Tabs?

That's what I use, and just a few minutes ago I was getting the ping consistantly whenever I rolled the mouse over the first tab. (Which was scrolled halfway down the main forums page, to prevent the ad from causing the little freeze problem, which I now think is a bug in my version of Flash or Netscape.)

Are the people having problems all using Netscape? Maybe, one of these new versions of Netscape? Or, alternatively, the newest versions of Flash? Maybe both?

Where are all those master troubleshooters when you need them? -_-
Dark Nero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:59 pm Reply with quote
No I use Internet Explorer, but when I use my linux box, I use mozilla, wich in my opion is way better than netscape... well netscape was based off mozilla but I think they did a very poor job.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1