• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
what abilities would you want from an anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
don'tlookbehindyou

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:27 am Reply with quote
Hey I was wondering what stuff from an anime people would liketo have inreal life. Can be anything weapon, power, hairdo, etc. so tell me what you think.(include the anime though

Mine all come from Naruto Shadow-clone Jutsu, Transform Jutsu, and the nine-tailed Fox's pretty much unlimited chakra.

Shadow-Clone so I can send one clone to work and another to school for me.

Transform so I can impersonate people andcause some general mayhem. Twisted Evil

And the chakra so I can do these more then a few seconds.
CyberViper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:43 am Reply with quote
First two to come to mind:

Kuroro Lucifer's, from Hunter X Hunter, ability to copy anyone elses abilities and use them. However, this wouldn't work to well if no one else had any abilities to copy.

And of course, anyone who can use alchemy without a transmutation circle. I could change all kinds of stuff around me. I mean...i was shoveling snow with my friend and I pretended I could do alchemy to just melt all the snow so I wouldn't have to shovel it anymore. It would be sooo helpful. No more heating up meals with the microwave or stove when I can do it instantly. Twisted Evil
DemonDragonJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:03 am Reply with quote
I would like to have the ability to control my internal enegry, as in Dragon Ball, Bleach, and countless other anime series. That would be so cool; I could fly, project blasts of energy, and perform all manner of superhuman feats. That is the ability that I would have.
Kouji

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:50 am Reply with quote
I would want Fujisawa-sensei's superhuman strength he gets when he can't drink his alcohol from El Hazard. Cool That would be so cool to have because I never drink alcohol, I would be able to be superhuman strength all the time.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Greennunu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I would like to be a priestest of suzaku, and have all my wishes come true...
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Greennunu wrote:
I would like to be a priestest of suzaku, and have all my wishes come true...

Priestess?

At any rate, I want a Gundam. Any model...actually, no. scratch that, there's too many ugly ones. Prferably the Sword Impulse or possibly the Wing Zero. With sed gundam, i would decimate my stupid high school. Then i'd fly around. Then, for kicks, I'd dance around on top of P.F. Changs, declaring the amazingness of their chinese food >:O
Vortextk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:32 pm Reply with quote
I was about to say something to you Nyuu and freedomstriker hit it =P You need a way to work on your Gundam as well. Not to mention, refueling and re-arming it.

Well...hmmmmmmmmmm. This is a tough one. As far as powerful goes, DBZ(out of the shows I know of) has the "strongest" fighters. But, that's about all they do, strong fighting. So, I'm going to have to say Naruto. Alchemy is really cool as well as the ninjutsu in Naruto but you'd likely be labeled public enemy # 1 or scientific experiment. Fun. Being a ninja...you could more easily hide, I guess. Hah.

But yeah, I mean, creating things and changing things, awesome! However, it's all kind of "other stuff". With the ninjutsu in Naruto, it'd be all "you". Walking on water or up trees. Transforming, creating clones, etc etc. You can affect yourself.

Psh, bad topic. It gets me daydreaming too much Smile .
Satanachia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:34 pm Reply with quote
I'd love to have the abilities of a Co-Ordinator from Gundam Seed. Wont get sick, be supersmart (cause i'm really slowminded) and be able to kick anyones ass with a pinky finger.

Also would like to have the psychic powers of Tetsuo Shima from Akira, it would be boss to be able to fly and send things flying across the room.

one more thing, I'd want to look like Sesshomaru from good ol' InuYasha. His tatoos or w/e they are are really nifty, his hair is super cool, and his armour is unique

Last edited by Satanachia on Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind having some of the powers of Sailor Moon. The ability to cleanse poeple of evil. And the ability to get people to love you regardless of your faults.
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Vortextk wrote:
I was about to say something to you Nyuu and freedomstriker hit it =P You need a way to work on your Gundam as well. Not to mention, refueling and re-arming it.

Well...hmmmmmmmmmm. This is a tough one. As far as powerful goes, DBZ(out of the shows I know of) has the "strongest" fighters. But, that's about all they do, strong fighting. So, I'm going to have to say Naruto. Alchemy is really cool as well as the ninjutsu in Naruto but you'd likely be labeled public enemy # 1 or scientific experiment. Fun. Being a ninja...you could more easily hide, I guess. Hah.

But yeah, I mean, creating things and changing things, awesome! However, it's all kind of "other stuff". With the ninjutsu in Naruto, it'd be all "you". Walking on water or up trees. Transforming, creating clones, etc etc. You can affect yourself.

Psh, bad topic. It gets me daydreaming too much Smile .

but DBZ is annoying. So, if you were given DBZ powers, i would likley crush you with mah gundam Rolling Eyes Razz
Vortextk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:58 pm Reply with quote
I didn't say I wanted DBZ powers though =P What would I do? Flying would be cool..and sure you could show off, but what else? It's kind of like the stock anime villain in fighting shows, "I want to test how strong I am by fighting strong opponents". Even Krillin would knock the hell out of anyone from reality, so it'd be kind of boring Cool
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Vortextk wrote:
I didn't say I wanted DBZ powers though =P What would I do? Flying would be cool..and sure you could show off, but what else? It's kind of like the stock anime villain in fighting shows, "I want to test how strong I am by fighting strong opponents". Even Krillin would knock the hell out of anyone from reality, so it'd be kind of boring Cool

you could fight chuk norris....

..but he would still kick your ass....
NeonGEvangelion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:05 pm Reply with quote
[If you post was deleted, that oughta be a damned clue not to repost it. Try using your head. -Nagi]
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:07 pm Reply with quote
I don't really know if they really count as "abilities," but I'd want the powers of anime guys like the male leads of Shuffle!, Ichigo 100%, Futakoi, Love Hina, Girls Bravo, To Heart, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Kanon, Ai yori aoshi, Please Teacher!, Please Twins!, Sister Princess, etc. etc. *you get the picture by now* to attract numerous girls, despite not being particularly attractive or interesting.
maskedninja

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:47 am Reply with quote
I would defiantly like to have ninja abilities from animes like "Ninja Scroll" and "Ninja Gaiden" I would probably pick the ability to go invisible or camouflaged which ever you guys think is the correct and the ability to jump really, really high and probably super reflexes and speed. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2