• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto VS Bleach

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenpachi dude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:36 am Reply with quote
Of all the anime i saw is bleach and naruto the best. So far i like bleach a bit better cause it isnt so long. But is bleach more popular?
oiattack

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:26 am Reply with quote
As of right now Bleach is a hell lot more intresting than Naruto, however if Naruto started following the manga again, than it would be close.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:50 am Reply with quote
Personally, I enjoy Naruto more, but I think Bleach is the "better" series. The director has done a much better job, in my opinion, of capturing the manga. Isn't Bleach in the Top 10 in Japan currently? (I just wish Bleach fans wouldn't pick on Naruto. Crying or Very sad)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kenpachi dude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:56 am Reply with quote
I'm not really picking on naruto but I have trouble chossing the better anime. But for now i'll rather just watch further end enjoy.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:16 pm Reply with quote
kenpachi dude wrote:
I'm not really picking on naruto but I have trouble chossing the better anime. But for now i'll rather just watch further end enjoy.

I'm referring to someone in our Anime Club. He's a Bleach elitist who picks on everything Naruto has to offer. They are two different series aiming for the same kind of enjoyment, sort of. I would recommend Bleach because it can attract many more kinds of fans.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stupidman007

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:20 pm Reply with quote
If you've seen Bleach past the first 20 episodes, then you'll definitely pick it.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Well asking if its popular? In my area there are definitely alot more Naruto fans but problem is those Naruto fans also watch Bleach. Another thing is that they're only liking Bleach more because of the extremely long filler arc in Naruto. Just shows how loyal those fans are doesn't it? Me on the other hand love both series. Difference between me and those other people is that i'm watching the english dub and not watching the fansubs. So basically i'm waiting until the dub catches up to where I left off which was episode 33. I was a late fan for naruto and so yeah. Bleach is currently the only series i'm viewing fansubbed. Both series are good but preferably I like Bleach more only because i've viewed more episodes in that seires than Naruto. Also I think Bleach has a better soundtrack than Naruto.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:26 pm Reply with quote
kenpachi dude wrote:
Of all the anime i saw is bleach and naruto the best. So far i like bleach a bit better cause it isnt so long. But is bleach more popular?

oiattack wrote:
As of right now Bleach is a hell lot more intresting than Naruto, however if Naruto started following the manga again, than it would be close.

Stupidman007 wrote:
If you've seen Bleach past the first 20 episodes, then you'll definitely pick it.

You know, not giving reasons for saying such things is a violation of our rules. You can't just mindlessly throw out a comment like "lol naruto is bettar" without explaining why you think so. I would suggest you make this correction immediately.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
2Real

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Personly I can't stand Naruto the show. It has no real depth to it, when I say depth I mean that all the actions, words are just so stright forward and predictabel. There are no real plot twists and Naruto's 2 favorite things are Ramen and not giving up. To me that is more a childish thing. I'm betting that Narutos is geard mroe twards the young teens.

While with Bleach, it has a more indepth feeling to it. I would have to say in my oppinion this show was geard twards the older teens. With its love/hate relashinship between Rukia and Ichigo compared to the childish "I wish I could talk to her" style of Naruto. There are some amazing plot twists in Bleach that I wouldn't have seen if I didn't watch the show. For instancespoiler[ never in a millon years I would have guessed that Captian Aizen was actuly the mastermind behind all of the strange happenings in Soul Society.] Also I think that the devlopment of the people in bleach is far better. The interaction and attitudes of the many various people that play anything from the smallest roll to Ichigo himself are unique. I admit there are some of your standard relations in this show, but with they way they done it feels like it is something I have never seen befor.

It is like playing Halo on the Xbox and trying to compare it to all the other 1st person shooters. Too me it is in a luge of its own.

I can say the same for Bleach. Ronin Kenshin was about 90+ episodes, and was an exclent show for the most part. I belive that Bleach will have the same effect on its views, if not a better one.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Well, given a choice between the two it would be Bleach. Naruto, from what I've seen of it anyway, is good but doesn't capture my interest even half as much as Bleach does. The storyline is more entertaining, and the characters are more likable and better filled out.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I find Bleach to be the better show. For starters, the main character of Naruto really irritates me and I don't care for him (I can only hope he matures afte the time skip), but I actually like Ichigo.

I think Bleach has a better plot as well, but comparing their current episodes to each other is unfair. Naruto has had more story arcs (about 5), while Naruto has had two. Naruto's Chuunin Exam arc was really good, but the subsequent arcs were not as good and Bleach may have the same issue. Both are now in filler arcs, but Bleach's current filler arc is better than any of Naruto's were (which isn't hard; the first two where decent, the rest just got worse and worse as they went along; I stopped watching after episode 160, and I just skimmed that arc)

However, the question in the original post is which is more popular and to that, I say: Naruto. Bleach is popular, but I don't think it has anywhere near the popularity of Naruto.

Bleach is to Naruto as YYH was to DBZ (back in the day, not currently).
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:10 pm Reply with quote
2Real wrote:
Personly I can't stand Naruto the show. It has no real depth to it, when I say depth I mean that all the actions, words are just so stright forward and predictabel. There are no real plot twists and Naruto's 2 favorite things are Ramen and not giving up. To me that is more a childish thing. I'm betting that Narutos is geard mroe twards the young teens.

While with Bleach, it has a more indepth feeling to it. I would have to say in my oppinion this show was geard twards the older teens.

Like I said, they're both aiming toward the same audience, but Bleach has a higher chance of expanding. The stereotypical Shounen story contains some kind of tournament (Naruto, HXH, DBZ). It's just entertainment for children.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
2Real wrote:

While with Bleach, it has a more indepth feeling to it. I would have to say in my oppinion this show was geard twards the older teens.

Like I said, they're both aiming toward the same audience, but Bleach has a higher chance of expanding. The stereotypical Shounen story contains some kind of tournament (Naruto, HXH, DBZ). It's just entertainment for children.

Keep in mind that Shonen Jump has a variety of stories and not all of them are going to have the exact same target audience or age group. The magazine itself may be aimed at everyone from age 8 or so to the mid to late teens, but different manga may have different age groups they are aimed for. I'm sure Death Note was not aimed that the same age group as Yu Gi Oh. I believe Bleach is aimed at a slightly higher age group. I would say Naruto aims more at the 8-12 age group, while Bleach aims more at the 10-14 or 12-16 age bracket.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:28 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
I'm sure Death Note was not aimed that the same age group as Yu Gi Oh. I believe Bleach is aimed at a slightly higher age group.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's true. I guess it all comes down to taste. Anime smile + sweatdrop
Azathrael

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I understand why it'd be so easy and common to compare Bleach and Naruto but really, they're two completely unrelated anime where one has to do with shinigami (I guess you can say "death bringers" or "god of death") and the other has to do with ninjas. Maybe if they were both about ninjas or both about shinigami then I'd say something about which one's "better".

But nobody can refute the fact that Bleach is more pleasing for the manga fans because Naruto is just so far far off from the original story with crap fillers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3