• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Initial D Manga Gets New Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toriko36

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:15 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
You know what this means? More glorious eurobeat music to import! Surprised

Cannot agree more!!! Not sure if you already know, but Pandora has a Super Eurobeat station and I listen to it all the time.

But regarding the new anime, this is really exciting. I'm very anxious to see whether it's a new TV series, movie or even a remake of the original first four stages. New Initial D is something I and many fans have been waiting for every since the end of Fourth Stage.

I also am waiting for someone to pick up the license for the Manga and continue the story. I was at a Japanese bookstore and saw that Initial D is now up to Volume 45 (I believe). It would be truly something if we could catch up to the Japanese release.
Divineking

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:49 am Reply with quote
More Initial D is good news to me. Very Happy

Shame there's no way Funi would license this, I guess I have to hope CR will simulcast it. It'll be my first time hearing the japanese track.
Judge Of Toyama

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:28 am Reply with quote
blaizevincent wrote:
Loved this series except for the relationships , which were pointlessly miserable. I mean its not like the show is a romantic drama so any romance in it should be fun and for the most part happy. Because the series is about cars not girls.

Take Fighting Spirit for example, it has relationships in it which are fun and happy for the most part because they are there just to give more story and development for the characters. It knew it was about Boxing and not girls.

That was the one problem i had with Initial D, not blaming the anime tho' since the issue is in the original manga. It just makes a fun show needlessly depressing in sections. I mean why am i bummed out about this , its an anime about cars dammit! ya know i just didn't like that part of it.

Anyone else find this an issue? i know the iketani and mako story pissed people off for its endless teasing only to end in complete misery. Which yes might have been realistic in real life and yes works in a Romance/Drama but in a show about Cars it was nothing but depressing and pointless imo. Like if you want to create that sort of drama do it through the medium the show is based around. The Cars! The Races! The Racers!

.... im still looking forward to this tho' Razz

I have the same problem with Initial D. It leaves me depressed way the relationships work out and makes it hard to want to watch more. I'm still looking forward to the new anime but if it gets licensed and I watch it, maybe I should just fast forward through everything until they start racing. Smile
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:34 am Reply with quote
YES YES YES YES

FInally, a new anime about racing (even if it's an old series)! Damn, they're so rare I'm pumped about this!

/is a gearhead
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:35 am Reply with quote
fudge Yeah! First JOJO, then SAILOR MOON now INITIAL D!!! Wow, what a bright future Very Happy Thank you, Anime Business!
xScar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:54 am Reply with quote
Psycho_Despair wrote:
fudge Yeah! First JOJO, then SAILOR MOON now INITIAL D!!! Wow, what a bright future Very Happy Thank you, Anime Business!

A bright future is rebooting and continuing old series?

I would think that creating new, successful IPs would be a bright future, not going back to old ones since they are unable produce anything new.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, now that I'm calmed down, the anime industry is starting to remind me of Hollywood with all the reboots/remakes...
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:29 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

I'm going to need a separate bank account for that, aren't I?
Dear god. I probably will.

On a completely serious note;
will this be continuing off from where the last series left or a completely reboot?

Questions, questions.
Saffire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
I'm going to need a separate bank account for that, aren't I?
Dear god. I probably will.
As much as I love the Eurobeat soundtracks, I kinda want them to replace all of the music with dubstep just to see how horrified the reaction is. Laughing

I'm surprised people are considering a reboot to be possible. Sure, the early stuff hasn't aged well at all (visually anyway), but that's a considerable amount of material to go back over.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Funimation said a few years ago Initial D was doing well for them at Otakon 2010 so maybe they might pick this new series up.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Excellent news. I guess we waited long enough for Shigeno to generate enough story material for a new anime series, and now it's time for our patience to be rewarded. Hopefully, it won't take as long to be licensed as Third Stage and Fourth Stage did.
naninanino

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quote
They better have the eurobeat, or I may not want this.
maxxjulie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:39 pm Reply with quote
oh please let it be a full length season of tv series. please please please!!! stage 4 was so awesome it blew my mind up. i remember the first time i watched the first ep of stage 4 and when that op music hit i went crazy. the techno music in that series was the shit.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Jesus, it appears more people watched this show for the Eurobeat music than the racing.
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Jesus, it appears more people watched this show for the Eurobeat music than the racing.

With how bad Stu Levy handled the first 2 seasons over here the first time, i can't blame anyone if the music is the main factor here plus there's also the manga so most of them know how those races will turn out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3