• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Nakaimo TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:

.. I could actually see this.. so many kids have half brothers/sisters due to horrible fathers... Am I really a sick twisted person for wanting to see that for the lawl?

Its established in the first episode that she' his half-sister resulting from an affair his father had.

I know that much bro, I have watched the first epiosde of every single show this season so far. What I meant is doing a reality show where you might accidentally date your unknown half-sister or brother in a dating reality t.v show set-up for the lulz.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote
As much as I hate Reality Shows for being embodiments of everything wrong with modern day American pop culture, I do agree that an anime reality show would be hilarious.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:16 pm Reply with quote
I really wish people wouldn't knock this show and give it a chance. Right now it's my most favorite of the season, I like it even better than Kokoro Connect, which I am also really digging a lot.

Even for people who are repulsed by anime with any slight hints at incest should find this show acceptable. The main character wants to find his sister because he does't want any of the girls that are interested in him to be her. He thinks whoever she is will try to win him over and keep it a secret that she's his sister.

And that's the intrigue of the show; he doesn't want to be cold and distant to every girl he meets because he's a nice guy and there is a funny scene of a girl running around dressed asspoiler[ a guy so he also has to fend of accusations of being gay]. It's a really funny show that gets you involved with all the clues and situations that the main character is faced with.
Kohii

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:27 pm Reply with quote
I love moe trash. I eat that s**t up for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. But I'm finding Nakaimo to be unwatchable. The brocon aspect doesn't bug me one bit. It's the story that's dull and the girls are really boring characters.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
.... and there is a funny scene of a girl running around dressed asspoiler[ a guy so he also has to fend of accusations of being gay].

Because homophobia and a explicitly mentioned "we must cure TEH EBIL GAYNESS FROM YOU" theme is totally funny, amirite

As a bisexual man, I think I owe to myself not to watch a show that explicitly peddles the belief that I must be "cured".
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

Because homophobia and a explicitly mentioned "we must cure TEH EBIL GAYNESS FROM YOU" theme is totally funny, amirite

Well, ignorance and stupidity are funny, yeah, which is what that was. You seriously need to relax, guy. Not every throwaway gag is social commentary. In the scale of swipes Japanese popular media takes at gays, that didn't even register. Hard Gay anyone?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Apparently the premise of this show is so awful that Sentai had to follow up by immediately reminding us that they have Kids on the Slope and Grave of the Fireflies. Laughing

Oh well. It's...unpleasant that Sentai has apparently become the go to source for incest, spit and breast milk but whatever. I'm happy so long as the shows I like get picked up too and we've been on a pretty good run lately. Kids on the Slope, Tsuritamia, Fujiko Mine, Michiko & Hatchin. Not too shabby.

Blood- wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
I am seriously considering never to buy from Sentai again just because they licensed this trash.

At the rate you're going, you might refuse to buy from every licenser soon!

Hopefully to followed by a vow never to post at ANN again. Man, I'm sick of this guy's inanity.

Yeah. I agree 100%.

I'm no fan of shows like Nakaimo but even I agree that Chagen has become thoroughly tiresome.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:36 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:

Oh well. It's...unpleasant that Sentai has apparently become the go to source for incest, spit and breast milk but whatever.

Why, precisely?
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:

Oh well. It's...unpleasant that Sentai has apparently become the go to source for incest, spit and breast milk but whatever.

Why, precisely?

You're asking me why I find incest unpleasant?
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yeah. I agree 100%.

I'm no fan of shows like Nakaimo but even I agree that Chagen has become thoroughly tiresome.

Yeah, whatever bro. It's a free country and there's no law sayin' I have to stop posting just because a few people don't like me.

hatersgonnahate.jpg
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
It's a free country

Your underagedness is showing.
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:49 pm Reply with quote
On the subject of 'that gay joke', I think it's all right to find some humor that is found in Japanese pop culture distasteful, and I think it's a bit 'eh' to tell people to 'lighten up' about it. I'm also bi and can get kind of touchy about these kind of issues, and my (mental) response to people who'd tell me to 'lighten up' is "come on, you don't get it".

I did check out Nakaimo and was kind of hoping it'd be good. It just sounds like the premise could become a fun dramedy, and I was kind of hoping for that -- but I dropped Nakaimo right after the first ep. It was just so dull. Dull colouring, dull characters, dull story.

Anyway Chagen it could be well that Nakaimo was gotten because it was a lowly priced title. Anime and manga distributors get them all the time -- they want to go for Title A, but along the way their contacts in Japan go like 'hey, why not get Title B along with it, it's not that expensive and you can earn a little more' and they think it might be good to snap a little bit more profit and they go "sure, why not". I mean, I know that's how manga works.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
It's a free country

Your underagedness is showing.

Hey! I thought you otaku types liked em underage!?

http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=rimshot

(I'm sorry. I'll go away now).
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Considering the amount of stuff Sentai has licensed in 2012, it would be churlish in the extreme to lament the fact that they had only one new announcement at Otakon...

...but, truth be told, I was kinda hoping there'd be, liek, 10 new things. Shocked
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quote
dandelion_rose wrote:
On the subject of 'that gay joke', I think it's all right to find some humor that is found in Japanese pop culture distasteful, and I think it's a bit 'eh' to tell people to 'lighten up' about it. I'm also bi and can get kind of touchy about these kind of issues, and my (mental) response to people who'd tell me to 'lighten up' is "come on, you don't get it".

Don't get me wrong, Dandelion. I'm not trying to play apologist for all of Japan's discriminatory media. My point was that I felt the joke was more on the girls for being stupid than on homosexuals, and that if you let something like this get you worked up to the point you aren't going to buy anime from a company, well......you probably aren't going to be buying any anime, because most Japanese animation studios have put out far worse smears on the LGBT community than the excuse to transition to boobs that gag in Nakaimo was.

Having typed that, this is something of a disappointing revelation for me. I guess all we can do is work towards and hope for less ignorance in the future.

Last edited by VORTIA on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6