• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gia's List: The 7 Most Inconvenient Phobias in Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Cat's #1. Well, if you consider that show Omamori Himari. Where you're living with a supernatural cat girl who loves you and you have allergies to cats. But Hanaukyo Maid Tai, for phobia against women. Then there's sea lice. You have to do the opposite of this. Massive infatuations of cute things.
Moonsaber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for the classic anime loving shown here. Lots of Takahashi-sensei love too!

Oh, and on the poll: I still love Nabiki over any of the fiancees, and Minami Takayama is still one of my favorite Seiyuu. Besides Ms. Tendo, she also played Yohko Yamamoto, Conan Edogawa, and Dilandau in Escaflowne. Unfortunately, Nabiki gave up her claim to her little sister.
Sea Lion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Voted for Ukyo in the poll. Even though she does have some negative qualities (she can be as bad as any of Ranma's other fiances when she's fighting against them), she doesn't try to trick Ranma into falling for her (Shampoo and Kodachi) and she doesn't constantly treat Ranma like dirt (Akane).

As an honorable mention of phobias, I'd submit Girls Bravo. Yukinari is phobic to the point of allergies to girls/women, and Fukuyama is the same way with boys/men -- funnier because he is male.
oblivious247

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Goku and needles
cl-shojo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad Mitaka made this list; I have a soft-spot for his character. I love that he actually takes steps to cure his phobia rather than it remaining the running joke of the series.

And I voted for Shampoo - although I don't like her with Ranma, my favorite episode in the series is the one where she's introduced, and I think she's cute and fiesty. I have no real strong feelings toward Akane, and Ukyo's cool, but I feel like I'm one of the few people who likes Shampoo.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:47 pm Reply with quote
oblivious247 wrote:
Goku and needles

I think you're going to have to elaborate. The first Goku that comes to my mind is only afraid of being locked up and abandoned.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3