• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
End of Gantz

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rumina-X

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone knew if Gantz was going to end permenantly at 26 episodes. The last dvd is coming out in January and I'm looking forward to it but after watching the one that just came out I was a bit worried about how and where the series is going to end. I downloaded the manga to find that it goes far beyond 26 episodes (another 52 at least if they did anime) and the story gets better than it has already been. Not only that but the current story in the anime far differs then the manga.

I really am hoping they continue the series as it gets far better even though it's already great. The encyclopedia says it ends at 26 but the first season (13 episodes) was called the First Stage and the second season was called the Second Stage. So maybe there's going to be a potential Third? If they try to end it here it's going to be a seriously depressing ending.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:39 pm Reply with quote
No, because they screwed up. The anime diverges from the manga quite significantly, from ep. 22 on - and not in a good way. The last episodes of the anime are simply bad beyond words.

Past experience (e.g. KareKano, Hellsing) has shown that it is incredibly difficult, verging on the impossible, to pick up a series that has gone so far off course, and revive it.

Add to this the fact that the manga storyline has been losing impetus for quite a while, and you'll see that it is futile to hope for a continuation.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rumina-X

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Damn, I heard in the manga he spoiler[starts saving up points to revive Katou and Kei.] That's disappointing, guess I will just have to stick to the manga then but I will get the last dvd anyways just to finish out the anime.

I was hoping perhaps the divergence in the anime was filler to finish out the season to maybe start another one in the future.

Edit: Added spoiler tags, sorry about that Anime smallmouth;

Last edited by Rumina-X on Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Rumina-X wrote:
Damn, I heard in the manga he spoiler[starts saving up points to revive Katou and Kei].

Please remember to use spoiler tags. I've read that far, but not everybody has.

Rumina-X wrote:
I was hoping perhaps the divergence in the anime was filler to finish out the season to maybe start another one in the future.

No such luck, I'm afraid. The last episodes truly are bad - and they also "break" the storyline beyond sensible possibility of repair.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1