• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Berserk

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
solot58

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:34 am Reply with quote
OMG, i have just finished watching episode 25 of Berserk... and i am by far upset... that was the end of the series right?? be4 i started watchin the series i was told that the ending would be extremely gay and now i kno why.. i hear the manga is better and i was wondering if some1 could tell me how it really ends in the manga??
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:38 am Reply with quote
The Manga hasn't ended yet, though it has continued a fair while after it. The Anime also omits a few essential details from the Manga Storyline, to give it a more realistic approach (and to make the final revelation more shocking).

spoiler[The Skull Knight, supposedly the first king of Midland, and who is introduced to us during the first confrontation with Zodd the Immortal in the Manga, tears through space and rescues Caska, Guts, and at an earlier points, transfers the small child of the Hawks to a desert.

Story carries on from there, Guts gets a new sword and a newer purpose, and Caska goes into a state of shock, and, well, there's some other weird things attached to it, which need to be told to you via the book Smile]

Last edited by Steventheeunuch on Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Jabberwock

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:03 am Reply with quote
When I first saw the series, I had no idea that it was going to end the way it did. When I finished the last episode I thought it was extremely... powerful. Now I did know about the manga and I also knew that it went past the scope of the anime so I could use it to fill in the missing details, but I hadn't read any of it. With spoiler[ Gatsu loosing his eye. The last thing he sees with it is Griffith raping Caska. Everyone else of the Band of the Hawks killed for Griffiths dream, almost everyone else anyway Shocked. Corkus going down like the biatch he is Twisted Evil Mum mum! I just loves it! ] Also, sets up for a great second season opener doesn't it, gets down and prays.

Oh and I believe the manga has been going on for some 10-15 years, so the manga was out well before they decided to make Berserk into an anime. Berserk follows basically vol. 1-13, skipping some and parts here and there. So if you wanna see what happens afterwards start at 13 on, but you will be kinda lost as the manga has a lot more elements to it. I believe vol. 30 has or will be released in Japan soon, so there is a lot more story to be told!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:28 am Reply with quote
Well, I believe the manga skips volume 2 altogether and pretty much covers the last few parts of volume 3 and goes on from here and there. The Berserk chapters are released monthly so by the time the anime ended, it was more or less caught up with the manga at the time.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:26 pm Reply with quote
in the currnet arc spoiler[Griffith comes back as himself and creates a new army to bring the age of darkness.]
Rabobinair

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:19 pm Reply with quote
solot58 wrote:
be4 i started watchin the series i was told that the ending would be extremely gay and now i kno why

Now I am with you about the ending. I mean granted I am torn on my views. spoiler[The way the show was going all in the medievil time frame of arrows, swords and what not, then all of a sudden it goes all dark and magical and evil. Granted yeah Griffin was slowly showing that it was going to go that way with his pendant. I mean I don't completly hate the ending it was just def. a whole differnt pace than the whole show. Granted that the first episode does show him fighting a demon. So the creaters show bits anbdpieces of it through out the show, but to me I think the transistion taking like 2 episodes was def way to fast for that much of a change.] Thats my opinion oh well.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
solot58

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:24 am Reply with quote
yea im with you the transition from the real world to this "demon" world was WAYYY to fast and it felt extremely random, but o well, it was a good series in all, i just wish they would continue it
Phyrain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:25 am Reply with quote
Has anyone played the berserk game? Its ment to contiune where the anime left off. What happens is this. spoiler[ Guts is with the girl from the series, and she's mentaly ill at this point. Then end up somehow fighting a bunch of mandragoras and destroying a castle.] Is this part of the manga or is this just something someone created on their own? As bad as I summed up the story it was actually very good.
Arakis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:53 am Reply with quote
From what I can tell of the Dreamcast game you described, it's an original story meant to integrate into the manga more or less between vol. 21 and 22. This is the only place I can see it happening given the character set involved in the game. So technically, it's not where the anime leaves off as some people believe. There's an entire story arc in the manga that occurs between them. The neat thing is that the second game (for PS2) picks up right where the first game ends. But then that game is based on events directly from the manga starting with vol. 22 so it stands to reason.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1