• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
what happened to theGundam fourms!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seed2006

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:51 pm Reply with quote
What happened to it?
Tell me!?
Shocked Mad Evil or Very Mad Question Crying or Very sad [/b]
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:57 pm Reply with quote
There was never any gundam forum here as far as I know. If you're talking about another website then I don't know either. If you meant to say thread instead of forum, well then you just started one.
Super Arrow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:02 pm Reply with quote
You SEEDlings sure are quick...in any case, GOUF is gone because Bandai America can't seem to make Gundam profitable in North America.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:14 pm Reply with quote
GOUF was taken down because Gundam in America isn't the huge phenomenon it is in Japan. Also, the mods on that site were complete dickheads. There, I said it. Everyone will agree with me on that.

Also, that is a VERY bad introductory post, especially for a new member. You may wanna keep that in mind for the future.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Locking for the childish and spammy opening post. Read the rules.

Anyway, GOUF was allegedly a sacrifice of one of Bandai's mergers at the time (I think Namco?). Basically, the merger is believed to have prompted them to re-evaluate various properties, take one look at GOUF, say to themselves "well this is pointless," and drop it. It was popular, yes (too popular for me, actually, way way way too busy to keep up), but the lack of intelligence among the bulk of its userbase was likely too much to properly manage, and I wouldn't doubt there was some level of piracy control that was causing headaches as well. Not to mention having the North American Gundam forum discussing shows not even available in North America had to be a source of problems in its own right (if for no other reason that 50 "lol wuts turna" posts).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1