• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Doki Doki School Hours episode number

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Well, yesterday I bought the Doki Doki School Hours DVD 1 + Artbox. To my surprise there was enough room for 5 DVDs in the box. I thought DDSH was supposed to be a 13 episode series. It's listed that long in the encyclopedia, unless of course the information is wrong. Please don't tell me that only the first DVD has 4 episodes and the rest have 2, that would seriously suck. So, are there more episodes but they just haven't been added to the encyclopedia?
neflite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:09 pm Reply with quote
to my knowlage there are only 13 episodes because I have a import copy of the whole series
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Then what are the extra spaces in the art box for? Don't tell me they're going 4/3/2/2/2 with the episodes.
neflite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:14 pm Reply with quote
they could look what they did fof FLCL it has 6 episodes but they released it in 3 volumes as 2/2/2
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:21 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Then what are the extra spaces in the art box for? Don't tell me they're going 4/3/2/2/2 with the episodes.

According to the ANN release schedule, the second and third discs will have 100 minute running times as well. I'm just as lost on the whole thing. I had actually concluded it was a typo on Geneon's behalf, but I guess not.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:23 pm Reply with quote
If the 2nd and 3rd DVD really do have 4 episodes each, then that leaves 1 episode left for DVD 4 and 5, which I know won't include half an episode each. So either there's more episodes of Doki Doki School hour that are unknown to us, there's a sequel that's not listed, geneon made a mistake in the packaging for Doki Doki School Hours, or they really are going 4/3/2/2/2 with them.

Last edited by PantsGoblin on Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:29 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Actually I just looked in the encyclopedia and it says that the 2nd and 3rd DVD have 100 min. meaning there are 4 episodes on each. If that's true then that leaves 1 episode left for DVD 4 and 5, which I know won't include half an episode each. So either there's more episodes of Doki Doki School hour that are unknown to us, there's a sequel that's not listed, or geneon made a mistake in the packaging for Doki Doki School Hours.

Some series release episodes directly to DVD that weren't aired on television. The first four episodes on the DVD were all from the television air, so if there are original video episodes, I don't know where they fit into the series.

I guess I'll just take the "wait and see" approach. There were episodes of the series I hadn't seen, so I was bound to see some new DDSH anyway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1