• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Samurai 7 Episode 7

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
excel7769

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Just wondering, I really like this show, the animation, the BGA, even the music, it's all really good, and then I got to episode 7. What the hell happened there? The animation drops off, and it looks like something a first-grader with 'My first computer paint set' took over the animation. Now I could see if the animation set up a mood or theme or something like that, but it doesn't. I mean if they are spending that much per episode you'd think that they'd apply a little quality control. Is there anyone else who may have an explination for this? Or perhaps are there others who agree with this animation nose dive. Let me know. It's really odd that this comes from a Gonzo series, whose animation has been solid throughout it's previoius series.
bubblesthemonkey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:09 am Reply with quote
is this show on in america
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:21 am Reply with quote
Yeah, this has been noticed and pointed out in the past and there is definetely a drop off in the quality although it is only temporary. Some argue that it was done that way to fit the mood at that time but I personally don't buy it. Likely just needed some cheap animation done and outsourced it for scenes or an episode they didn't think it would particularly matter.

Now I haven't seen past the episodes on the second DVD but from what I've been told it's a one time thing for episode 7 although they could be wrong, has happened before.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:48 am Reply with quote
And thus the dancing blobs are still in the dvd version. *sigh*
Vash_the_Stamp3d3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:02 am Reply with quote
I have already posted on this topic. Here is the link:

Samurai 7 Eps 7
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1