• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Announces DVD Release of Mad Bull 34 Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragon695

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
j Talbain wrote:
I like the cut of your jib. BRING BACK ALL THE OLD OVA'S!

I don't think this idea is feasible given the way licensing and rights work, but I'd love to see a cheap boxset of old OVA and films sold for cheap, just like they do with horror and sci-fi B-films. There'd be no problem filling one up with 50 titles, and it'd be a fantastic way to inject modern fandom with with a bunch of history. Just of OVAs where characters fight demons or have little flits in outerspace, hundreds of anime to choose from. Bundling works, it feels fulfilling when you buy them almost regardless of the content. I wish anime could bundle shows more often, I liked when ADV did it to that small extent.

Oh hell yeah! To a certain extent, I'd love to see more of the old cheesy hentai ova given the same treatment. I still remember my first hentai. I was like: oh shit, tentacles!!! Laughing
tocahan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:

This is perhaps the most awesome news the could possibly happen ever.

I agree, apart from the announcement of a reissue of GunSmith Cats. Or Tank Police.
maxxjulie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:43 am Reply with quote
j Talbain wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Bennett's gonna be so happy.

Maybe some Violence Jack, Devilman, Angel Cop, Genocyber, Apocalypse Zero, and BAOH next? There's gotta be hundreds of cheap old OVAs to bring back.

I like the cut of your jib. BRING BACK ALL THE OLD OVA'S!

you are obviously an adam carolla fan. i've never heard anyone else say those words ever: "like the cut of your jib".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3