• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Missing Vampire Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djweaponx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:24 am Reply with quote
Going thru my collection and I want to make sure I have all the vampire anime out. What am I missing?

This is what I have so far:

1.Hellsing
2. Blood
3. Blood+
4. Night Stalkers
5.Vampire Hunter D
6.Blood Lust
7. Trinity Blood
8.Vampire Princess Miyu
9.Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:26 am Reply with quote
I'd say Kimera, but that's a complete waste of money.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
remember love

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:31 am Reply with quote
You don't havea vampire wars...I never saw the movie but it looked old and was at best buys about two years ago. So check online to see if you can find it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:05 am Reply with quote
Master of Mosquiton. Ya don't have that on the list.
remember love

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:07 am Reply with quote
I don't want to sound like a prick or anything but we might want to add more into are posts or this will come off as listing to the mods...I won't press the report button but if a mod comes in here he may lock it for the fact we're just listing...I don't want that to happen because I want this guy to get his answers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
angel_lover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:24 am Reply with quote
Kind of difficult not to make it into a list thread, it's not like we're being asked for shounen anime, or anime for adults or something general like that. It's a very specific question, so the justification for including an anime here is simply that it's about vampires. Anyway, on with the show...

Descendants of Darkness is one that comes to mind - I don't think it's specifically about what we in the West would call 'vampires', but it's definitely about the undead.

A few other points, in the original post, when it says "Night Stalkers", do you mean Nightwalker? Also, Vampire Princess Miyu is just listed once so I can't tell for sure whether you have both the OAV and the series. They aren't so similar as to make it an either/or thing.
remember love

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:10 am Reply with quote
angel_lover wrote:
Kind of difficult not to make it into a list thread, it's not like we're being asked for shounen anime, or anime for adults or something general like that. It's a very specific question, so the justification for including an anime here is simply that it's about vampires. Anyway, on with the show...

Descendants of Darkness is one that comes to mind - I don't think it's specifically about what we in the West would call 'vampires', but it's definitely about the undead.

A few other points, in the original post, when it says "Night Stalkers", do you mean Nightwalker? Also, Vampire Princess Miyu is just listed once so I can't tell for sure whether you have both the OAV and the series. They aren't so similar as to make it an either/or thing.

Well, I'm just asking you to try to make more then a list...If you can't that's fine but try...see your post I wouldn't see as listing because you went into details about my comment and the anime you did list you gave in some details. That's kind of what will keep it from being locked but if you're right about the answering his question part then it's up the mods to lock it or not hopefully they won't.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:37 am Reply with quote
angel_lover wrote:
A few other points, in the original post, when it says "Night Stalkers", do you mean Nightwalker?

I think he means Nightwarriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge (a.k.a Vampire Hunter).

And to add another vampire title, Tsukihime is also missing from the list.
remember love

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:02 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
angel_lover wrote:
A few other points, in the original post, when it says "Night Stalkers", do you mean Nightwalker?

I think he means Nightwarriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge (a.k.a Vampire Hunter).

And to add another vampire title, Tsukihime is also missing from the list.

Night slakers is a video game if I'm not mistaken?
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:22 am Reply with quote
It was a fighting game as well, yes, and Morrigan at least shows up in most the "...vs Capcom" fighting series as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
remember love

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:28 am Reply with quote
I thought so but wasn't entirely sure, thanks for clarifying for me.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:41 am Reply with quote
Yes, Vampire Hunter, which was renamed Darkstalkers in the U.S to avoid confusion with Vampire Hunter D, was originally a series of video games.

There are actually two animated versions of this. One being the Japanese OAV, and the other being a U.S made cartoon that used to air on Sunday mornings (which was pretty crappy, in my opinion).

The OAV is another title with good production values, though. It's animated by Mad House and with music by Kou Ohtani. The atmosphere is as you would expect, "dark," with a good deal of action scenes, and the Japanese track has a nice 5.1 track as well. However, I only have the first DVD, and will reserve final judgement for another day.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:20 pm Reply with quote
You're also missing Lunar Legend Tsukihime which is quite good in many aspects such as storyline, and characters it is kind of slow though. There's also Fate Stay Night which is set in the same universe but not produced yet.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
There's also Fate Stay Night which is set in the same universe but not produced yet.

And has nothing to do with vampires.

Also, need I remind a good many of you in here about our no-listing policy? I mean, it appears as though I really should...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
remember love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:06 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
There's also Fate Stay Night which is set in the same universe but not produced yet.

And has nothing to do with vampires.

Also, need I remind a good many of you in here about our no-listing policy? I mean, it appears as though I really should...

Told a mod would have a problem with it..lol. Anyways then whats Fate Stay Night about if it has nothing to do with vampires?

Edit:There was suppose to be a you after told..(Told you a mod)

Last edited by remember love on Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2