• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can any one help me find good anime on UK TV?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waterboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:21 pm Reply with quote
could you help me i have NTL so i get most channels except raptor tv what is on sky Sad and i no it will be showing anime, i think wolf rain is one of them. i gues what i am asking is do you no any tv chanels what are showing anime.

can you help me?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
angel_lover

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Do you mean help you with your spelling and grammar? I almost feel ashamed to be English when I see things like this...

Anyway, rant over. The answer is no, I'm not aware of any that are showing anything other than Pokemon, Dragonball Z and Sonic X Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
SilverZephyr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:28 am Reply with quote
I'm in the US, so I only know about 4 Brit channels, but I'll take this opportunity to plug one of my favorite animes! You probably already know of it, but Hellsing is set in London, and is a great show. It's got its problems, but it's got a neat style and one of the sweetest characters in anime history! Also, they portray and reference actual weapons that are used by MI5 and other British military agencies. This added a unique flavor that I havnt seen in many other series'. Also, you can get the ENTIRE SERIES brand new on DVD for $18 bucks online- that's the real thing, not pirated crap, or bootlegs.

Well, good luck finding some good stuff on TV!!

-SilverZephyr
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Rapture TV on Sky Digital will be airing Wolf's Rain, and Full Metal Alchemist starting on 14th. November.
angel_lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:02 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Rapture TV on Sky Digital will be airing Wolf's Rain, and Full Metal Alchemist starting on 14th. November.

Yes, but waterboy was asking about NTL and he says he doesn't get Rapture on it
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:00 am Reply with quote
Are you sure you don't get Rapture? Because it's not set to relaunch until the 14th.
waterboy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:28 pm Reply with quote
I emailed rapture tv and they told me that Ntl denied them because of there not being a free slot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:28 pm Reply with quote
waterboy wrote:
I emailed rapture tv and they told me that Ntl denied them because of there not being a free slot.
Well get a Sky+ box then and your problem's solved. Unless you live in a place where you can't hang a dish, then you're stuffed mate. NTL mings anyway Wink
Assassin_

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:39 am Reply with quote
waterboy wrote:
could you help me i have NTL so i get most channels except raptor tv what is on sky Sad and i no it will be showing anime, i think wolf rain is one of them. i gues what i am asking is do you no any tv chanels what are showing anime.

can you help me?

the only half decent anime show on British tv that i no of is Zoids, which is on Sky 1 at 7:30 in the morning (yes, you herd me, 7:30 in the morning).

Gundam Wing and Cowboy Bebop used to be on CNX in the evenings, but now CNX dosent even exist >.<
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kent666

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:02 am Reply with quote
I think there's still One Piece - it's new and still on going...
hentai4me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:01 pm Reply with quote
kent666 wrote:
I think there's still One Piece - it's new and still on going...

its also filled with some of the worst characters and voices you'll ever hear or see.

and sonce when were pirates good guys...or particularly good at following orders from a ruling person...
Assassin_

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:10 pm Reply with quote
hentai4me wrote:
and sonce when were pirates good guys...

Since 1977, when the first star wars film was releesed, and Han Solo became (probably) the ffirst ever pirate good guy.

Allthogh i do agree - One Piece is a lode of sh*t
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1