• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official Anime-Related Figures Thread.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bemused Bohemian

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Thanks to a HobbySearch memo Yamato has announced pre-order reception for their version of 1/8th PVC Panty & Stocking Knee Socks due out late October is open. Amiami got my request a few hours ago. Whoosh, 2nd & 3rd quarter, 2012 is going to be expensive!
superdry

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
superdry wrote:
I don't know much about Alphamax quality, but a new Sena Kashiwazaki figure was solicited. Amiami.

You should be alright with this one, since it's co-produced with Alter, in my opinion, the best figure maker in Japan.

Though... she's pretty top-heavy. I wonder if she'll lean (more) over time.
Twisted Evil

Ah, okay. Didn't know it's being co-produced with Alter. I wanted order their bikini Mio figure, but realized the face wasn't the best (funny too because I have a non-cancellable Clayz Mio figure with Hobby Search and the face there is just as meh).

Of course she's top-heavy. Wink I'd probably keep her in the box like I have with all my 2011-2012 figure purchases since I have run out of space to display them. That and it'll make it much easier whenever I move.

Blood- wrote:
I'm getting the Beach Queen version of Sena which, while cheaper than the Alphamax figure, isn't as large or as succulent. Oh to be fabulously wealthy...

I'm getting the Beach Queens version, too. It's eh, but it's the bikini that matters. So little cloth to cover so much skin. The nice thing about the Alphamax figure is it's coming out closer to the end of the year. I just hope there isn't anything else coming out in Nov 12 (figure, video game or mechandise wise) that I would tack on.

Blood- wrote:
I don't hold out much hope for this, but I did send an email to amiami asking if it would be possible to "switch" my Beach Queen order for this larger version. You'd think they'd go for it because it means selling me a more expensive figure than the one I originally ordered, but I suspect they'll tell me to go piss up a rope. Japanese online retailers don't seem really big on the whole "cancel an order" thing.

You should be okay cancelling your Beach Queen order and putting the pre-order in for the Alphamax figure. While amiami does frown upon cancelling, they should be okay if you do it rarely. I remember cancelling the limited edition for the 2nd Nanoha PSP game and mentioned in the email that I would put in a pre-order for the regular edition instead (not sure if I really needed to say that, but I was going to anyway) and they canceled my order. It has been my only cancellation with them ever I since I started ordering from them (2-3 years now?).
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, interesting. I have never cancelled anything with amiami before and I have made several orders over the past year. And again, it's not like I'm simply cancelling an order ... I would be replacing it with a more expensive item. I guess we'll see. It's kind of a win-win for me: if they go for it, I'll get a figure I want more; if they don't, I save $30.
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Found a Kino no Tabi statue and an Aisaka Taiga final episode statue in Akihabara last Saturday. Smile
Sailor S

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:43 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
Sailor S wrote:
With this particular one, I already have one from GSC and one from Kotobukiya on order, so I've got all the Meat I need.

Wait, when did the GSC figure get solicited? Don't remember seeing that one at all. The only GSC Haganai figure I know of right now is the Yozora one (I think a Sena prototype was shown at Winter WonFes though).

And, you can never have enough Meat. Laughing

I'm probably thinking of a different figure and just assumed I'd only buy a Koto or GSC figure. Maybe I will go with this after all, I dunno yet. I suppose I should make up my mind soon before preorders close.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Hmm, interesting. I have never cancelled anything with amiami before and I have made several orders over the past year. And again, it's not like I'm simply cancelling an order ... I would be replacing it with a more expensive item. I guess we'll see. It's kind of a win-win for me: if they go for it, I'll get a figure I want more; if they don't, I save $30.

I have canceled from Ami Ami before (and didn't exchange anything, although I did have other things on order).

I think it will be fine as long as you don't make a habit of it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:08 am Reply with quote
Well, got a reply back from Amiami and while they noted that they generally do not accept cancellations, in this case they suggested I place an order for the item I want and request the old order be cancelled. Which I did. Coo'. The new figure is mo' money, but it's mo' bigger which - especially as regards anything to do with Meat - is mo' better.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:57 am Reply with quote
Has anyone received points from AmiAmi yet? I've had several things ship from them since the site update, but I still have zero points, and I'm not quite sure how you get them if buying stuff doesn't work (like FAQ says). Maybe because all my shipped orders came before the site upgraded, therefore I don't get points for them?

In other news, I paid for my Kyoko Sakura nendo and pre-ordered the new Menma from Alter. That is hands down the best Menma so far, and I doubt one will be better. This combined with Kotobukiya's Anaru, AnoHana has gotten some really pretty figures. Then add in NISA's pretty packaging, and I'm set as far as this show goes. I might get a Tsuruko if a decent, non-bikini clad one comes out, but I'm pretty much done.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:01 am Reply with quote
I was told if the order was placed before the point system went into affect there will be no points, even if your order ships afterwards.

You should be getting points for that Menma though.
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:11 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
That is hands down the best Menma so far, and I doubt one will be better.

It's interesting you say this, because it's how I feel and why I regard Alter so much. Not to say anything negative against other makers, but Alter really seems to crush the competition and this is another example. I was also tempted to get the Nendo of this character. She's a ghost. Ghosts are awesome.

The latest email has Gothic Louise listed as a restock, but sorry, folks, she's already sold out. This is still my favorite figure and it's gorgeous. Perhaps RACS (for those of you who shop there) will restock it again. Keep your eyes open. It's worth every penny.

As for the Menma figure, I have to agree it's very nicely done, and I was pretty tempted to pre-order it myself, but I resisted only because I'm not fond of the release date. It's far too close to Black Friday should the figure be delayed. Also, I've no doubt this one hits our retailer shelves locally.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:39 am Reply with quote
Well, I broke down and I picked up that Alphamax Sena. Because as superdry said, you really can't have too much Meat.

I tend to regard Alter as my #3 company. That's not to say they're bad, I really like the figures I've purchased from them, but I just prefer GSC and Kotobukiya to Alter. Megahouse is moving up into favored status as well, but I've really just bought One Piece figures from them, so I'm not sure how their quality is in regards to anything else.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:04 am Reply with quote
I don't have any Amiami points yet either, but Meat will bring me a raging 56 of 'em.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:20 am Reply with quote
I should have some on the way, since I bought a figure that qualified for points. Looking at the FAQ, it can take up to 17 days for the points to post to your account after the figure has been shipped, so I still have a couple weeks to go before I see if they actually are posting any points or not.
LordByron227

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:52 am Reply with quote
Well...my Rise Kujikawa figure pre-order got canceled on HLJ......

Although I seriously considering whether or not I should just order it with 40 USD markup.

Also, just pre-ordered two Persona 4 Figmas (Chie and Yukiko).

Originally looking at the Figuarts versions but then I realized it was a giant set, and only Chie was still available for preorder and I would have had to get Yukiko from a different site and her Konohona Sakuya from another.

So instead, I going with max factory figmas for a bit of uniformity.
superdry

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:46 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Has anyone received points from AmiAmi yet? I've had several things ship from them since the site update, but I still have zero points, and I'm not quite sure how you get them if buying stuff doesn't work (like FAQ says). Maybe because all my shipped orders came before the site upgraded, therefore I don't get points for them?

Yup, I've received my post for I think all the orders that I placed when the point system went into affect. The whole 1% points thing really is blah since you really need to buy a ton before it makes sense to even use them. It's better than nothing, but still.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 64 of 111