• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rainforests in England?? [Zatch Bell]

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doubledanger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Okay, this has me confused

How are there Rainforests in England? On the www.zatch-bell.com it says ""While exploring a rainforest in England, Kiyo's archaeologist father discovers Zatch, an unconscious mamodo child.""

Okay, I understand that it's an Anime, and can take artistic license, but RAINFORESTS IN ENGLAND? Very interesting.

I missed the first episode, is this accurate?

I grew up in England, and this is pretty funny =)

-DD
ShadrachAnki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:21 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing that it was probably a reference to temperate rainforests. There are (or were) some in Scotland and Ireland, but they're mostly gone now.

We just don't hear as much about temperate rainforests for some reason, so people tend to forget they exist.

~Shadrach Anki
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:30 am Reply with quote
A more famous rainforest is in Oregon and Washington states. A Rainforest is just a wooded area that gets a lot of rain, it doesn't have to be a jungle.

Still, I agree, I don't remember England having any of these.
angel_lover

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:46 am Reply with quote
Parts of Derbyshire (a northern English county) certainly have enough rainfall, over 1500 mm a year, but the forests there were cut down long ago.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1