• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Umm...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chinese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Im a newb here, I got a question; When I searched the encyclopedia for Akane Maniax/Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien Gaiden, it says that you guys have all 3 episodes. Where can I buy a sub version of volume 3 of this OVA? I googled it and only Japanese websites sell this, but its not subbed versions. I dont think they ever released any subbed versions(licensed), except for fansubs. Im not requesting a dl, I just want to know how can I obtain this. Im willing to pay for it.
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Your chances of finding English subtitles on a Japanese release are next to zero. The chances of those subtitles being any good are even worse. When it says "We have 3 episodes" that means that the Encyclopedia (we) has titles for 3 episodes. As the series has not been licensed for release in the U.S., you won't find a legitimate English version.
Chinese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:11 pm Reply with quote
I guess Ill buy the Japanese DVD than. Just need to translate the website first heh.
Iemander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Chinese wrote:
I guess Ill buy the Japanese DVD than. Just need to translate the website first heh.

This is exactly why fansubbers can be helpfull sometimes, if there's no other way, just go for that, seriously. If there's no other way to get something you want, then you're better off just getting it by illegal means. Even if you buy it in Japanese, you're unable to understand what's being said.
Chinese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Ill try to, Im learning Japanese anyway.
Chinese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Ill buy it from amazon.co.jp, since thats the most convenient place for me. Very Happy
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Chinese wrote:
Where can I buy a sub version of volume 3 of this OVA?

Your username is "Chinese," so I guess you might have some knowledge of the language:

http://www.prowaremedia.com.tw/shop/product_info.php?products_id=2398

Next time, start a thread with something other than "Umm..." I wouldn't have read your post if you don't have such a username (just in case you are being bashed by some Sinophobia).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Chinese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:52 pm Reply with quote
$11 USD, thats weird o_O
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:15 am Reply with quote
Note that KgNE and Akane Maniax were part of the big Media Factory cease-and-desist incident last December where MF demanded that fansub groups stop translating and distributing their shows. This doesn't mean that fansubs are impossible to find, but they won't be as available as the average unlicensed show.
Chinese

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Its near immpossible lol, its like I have to go into SUPER-HYPER INDEPTH SEARCH MODE. >_>
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1