• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
No More Second Raid?!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alucard27

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:45 pm Reply with quote
I recently found out from my girlfriend that Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid is all over and done with after 13 episodes. Crying or Very sad Can this be? It was too short! The first season was almost double the amount of episodes than Second Raid!!

Somebody please tell me that this will be a full-length series of about 24 episodes!!
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Nope, it was only meant to be 13 episodes. Fumoffu? was only about 13 episodes as well. So what's the big deal?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Alucard27

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:08 pm Reply with quote
It's just that me and my girlfriend are such huge Panic fans, and we didn't want this series to end anytime soon.
biliano

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:28 pm Reply with quote
I haven't watched Second Raid yet, but a friend of mine that has seen it said that the final episode did leave a lot of loose threads that could be used for a second season or a sequel. If that's the case (and considering the immense popularity of FMP at both shores), then there's a good chance that Kyoto Animation (or another animation studio) will continue what I view as another budding anime dynasty in the making.
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:26 pm Reply with quote
There are lots of loose threads because the story isn't over yet. I'm a fan of FMP too, but I'll patiently wait for new animation if any is to come. I'll be a little bit more impatient with ADV though, if they don't license and release it soon.
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:55 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
I haven't watched Second Raid yet, but a friend of mine that has seen it said that the final episode did leave a lot of loose threads that could be used for a second season or a sequel. If that's the case (and considering the immense popularity of FMP at both shores), then there's a good chance that Kyoto Animation (or another animation studio) will continue what I view as another budding anime dynasty in the making.

There's alot of loose threads because the series is based on the novels, and the end of "End of Day by Day" was obviously left open. Following EoDbD, is "Dancing Merry Christmas" (as silly as it sounds, it's a serious novel), and then "Continuing on my Own", then another novel whose title I forget. Anyway, there'll be more FMP anime because there's still more FMP novels to cover.
Azathrael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Sir_Brass wrote:
biliano wrote:

There's alot of loose threads because the series is based on the novels, and the end of "End of Day by Day" was obviously left open. Following EoDbD, is "Dancing Merry Christmas" (as silly as it sounds, it's a serious novel), and then "Continuing on my Own", then another novel whose title I forget. Anyway, there'll be more FMP anime because there's still more FMP novels to cover.

^ What this guy said. The anime is FAR from over in relation to the novels that were released. Besides, if they ended the anime series with just TSR, I, along with all the other FMP fans, would be pissed as hell.
afnj

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:07 pm Reply with quote
does anyone know of a place online to buy these novels?
Alucard27

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:04 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome info, guys. Leave it to the forum surfers at ANN to know that Panic is all based off of novels (which is news to me, lol).
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:01 pm Reply with quote
afnj wrote:
does anyone know of a place online to buy these novels?

In English? Nowhere. If you can read Japanese, you could probably find them somewhere.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1