• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Just finished NGE i think i under stand the ending

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolGAL

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Last weekend i finished NGE and i think i understand the ending should i see End of Evangileon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Coffeeman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:27 pm Reply with quote
if you want to.

It might put things in a different perspective, that you hadn't considered.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:38 pm Reply with quote
I'd still watch the movie even though you finished the series. For me a movie that somewhat continues the story of the series or keeps the series going is always enjoyable. Death & Rebirth is basically a recap of the series though not in chronological order and contains about the first 30 minutes of End Of Evangelion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:24 pm Reply with quote
It would be a good idea; the movie labels its two halves as "Episode 25" and "Episode 26," and is intended to be an alternate conclusion of the story after the events of episode 24. I was okay with the TV 25-26 ending, but to fully know the NGE universe, you need to see the movie.
coolGAL

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:55 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
It would be a good idea; the movie labels its two halves as "Episode 25" and "Episode 26," and is intended to be an alternate conclusion of the story after the events of episode 24. I was okay with the TV 25-26 ending, but to fully know the NGE universe, you need to see the movie.
Ok thanks but does it sound weird that i understod the ending to the TV series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:49 pm Reply with quote
coolGAL wrote:
Zalis116 wrote:
Why should it? You either do, or you don't. Or you do because you don't, or you don't because you do, or.......(my head hurts! Anime hyper )
Kyle Smyth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:21 pm Reply with quote
coolGAL wrote:

I saw the series and understood the ending the first time i saw it. Also watch the movies not because they are good but because they answer many unanswered questions. Though it does create a few new questions that are left unanswered.
coolGAL

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Kyle Smyth wrote:
coolGAL wrote:

I saw the series and understood the ending the first time i saw it. Also watch the movies not because they are good but because they answer many unanswered questions. Though it does create a few new questions that are left unanswered.
Thanks it just i have heard that on fact for the EOE the dirctor or somebody recived death threats because the way the TV series turnd out.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:05 pm Reply with quote
coolGAL wrote:
Kyle Smyth wrote:
coolGAL wrote:

Thanks it just i have heard that on fact for the EOE the dirctor or somebody recived death threats because the way the TV series turnd out.

Yeah i've heard that too about the death threats to Hideaki Anno. But you know what ironic? Those same people who sent those letters start bitching around cause the movies explained the ending even less and now they praise the tv series ending. Pretty funny. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1