• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Most disturbing scenes in anime.

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anime racket

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:53 pm Reply with quote
RGaspar wrote:
When I was a noob to anime I watched The End of Evangelion and didn't feel like eating anymore that day. Specially after the scene of that spoiler[Eva 02 horribly destroyed, with the inner organs hanging out, and then that wtf moment when a giant version of Rei develops what looks like a vagina in her forehead.]. It was so nasty back then, I was shocked.

Yes, EoE is definitely disturbing; even more so than the original
series.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:39 pm Reply with quote
I just watched Xam'd episode 14. The episode where spoiler[Furichi becomes a huge Xam'd, and at the end he tears his own head off with his Xam'd hand. Where the actual f*ck did that come from?] I'm thoroughly disturbed. Shocked
dan7el

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quote
In the now-airing anime, Another. The teacher brings a large kitchen knife into class spoiler[stabs himself in the neck. Blook shoots out all over the students, but he's not dying fast enough, so he turns the blade sideways and cuts through half of his neck, finishing the deed. Blood shoots all over the students. The whole time he's gasping for breath and breathing thorugh the hole he made.]

This is seconded only by the female student who falls down the stairs spoiler[with an umbrella, which partially opens and impales her through her neck. She's laying at the bottom of the steps with blood dripping down the umbrella making gurgling noises and twitching.]

I don't know if I've ever seen anything as graphic, ever.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:34 am Reply with quote
dan7el wrote:
In the now-airing anime, Another.

When I saw that there was a new post here my first thought was Another. There have been a number of disturbing scenes, and probably a few more to come.
kimbeey13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:43 am Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
For me, there's no question -- it's episode 11 of Shadow Star Narutaru where spoiler[a young girl is raped by other girls with a test-tube. The principal rapist then threatens to punch the victim in her abdomen so that the test-tube will shatter inside her. The victim and her tormenters are all about twelve years old.]

That and the part where spoiler[the victim gets back at the leader of her tormenters by sending her beast out to perform all the things that she did to the victim to her. Including the eating worms and rape, and adding on the beheading of the tormenter's brother who had given her the ideas in the first place. ] Not only is Shadow Star Narutaru the most disturbing anime I have seen to date, it is also the one that has given me the most shock factor as I was not really expecting it.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:33 am Reply with quote
One that now ranks up in my list of top disturbing scenes for anime came from my latest viewing of Tokyo Tribe 2. Watching spoiler[Big Bubba's anal rape of a captive high schooler to death] really creeped me out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:07 am Reply with quote
Animefreak6969 wrote:
AHH man now i remember, in Milk Money-->hentai spoiler[When the mother ties a wire around the guys penis in her basment and has sex with him and when he comes the wire would squeeze and blood would shoot out EVERYWHERE!!, he only lasted a few times from that]

*reminds self to buy Milk Honey*

I take it spoiler[he didn't survive the episode, then.]

As for violent yaoi manga, I've read spoiler[Murakami Maki's Unapai. Anyone who's read this knows what I'm referring to. There's death, necrophilia, amputation and dissection in this guro manga.] Anime hyper

Aside from that, pretty much any spoiler[young child, and the puppy being brutally slaughtered in] Elfen Lied, and spoiler[everything with the child soldiers in] Now & Then, Here & There.

Edit: And there's the scene in the live-action Life drama where spoiler[Ayumu almost jumps in front of a train before Hatori saves her.]
Newtman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:47 am Reply with quote
Soul Eater
When Blair first appeared and when Liz and Patti were being stripped by that mummy thing, I felt nauseated for the remainder of those episodes.

Kenichi
The beach episode made me feel really disturbed.

I'm quite prude, yes, but these by far are the most disturbing anime scenes I've ever saw. I still like those anime by the way.
Svidrigailov

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:46 am Reply with quote
If it hasn't been mentioned already, the latter half of School Days, namely the scenes where spoiler[the girlfriend the protagonist impregnates stabs him to death] and where spoiler[the emergent yandere (the girlfriend with large breasts, I forget her name) is carrying the protagonist's head in a bag, ends up stabbing the aforementioned protagonist-slaying girlfriend to death...and presently takes her honeymoon with said severed head.]

Blue Gender, in one of the first few episodes has this scene where the protagonist (I really can't be bothered to remember names, can I?) spoiler[who's recently befriended a young girl witnesses said girl devoured by one of the buggy-beasties in an especially disturbing way: he's just standing there looking at her when the thing comes by at like 50 mph.. All you see is her in the frame and then something quite large and very fast scream through...and she's gone. Then her dog gets killed (in some city-leveling explosion, if memory serves me).]

Pretty much all of what I read of MPD Psycho was disturbing (spoiler[like a serial killer cutting open people's heads and planting flowers therein; dismembering women, putting an s&m gag in the mouth of the severed head and hanging by the hair from a tree; or delivering a legless, arm-less, very much alive, nude woman in a sort of life-sustaining container]), and a significant portion of Blame spoiler[(like whenever the silicon life start tearing things asunder)] and Berserk[manga form] (for instance: spoiler[the expansive goat-god orgy; the opening scene where Gatsu is getting busy with a presumably vivacious female who turns out to be a horrid Apostle; the entire Eclipse sequence; etc.)]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 33 of 33