• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Americans Like To Remake Animations

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milky joe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:19 pm Reply with quote
is it true that transformers and evangelion are being made into live action films?

anyone remember the fist of the north star and guyver films? they stank like bon jovi.

please ask them to leave them be, ring 2 was insult enough without them breaking something else that already works.

thank youse.
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Yes. I don't know. There is and Encyclopedia to answer your questions for both of your threads. You know, even if you are in 7th, or 8th grade, you should have the writing skills of a person in 12th grade because you are in U.K. or as I like to call it England. U.K. is England right? I always get confused.
milky joe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:30 pm Reply with quote
or you reffering to the 'thank youse'

i have a bad habit of writing in accents on message boards.

im actually 89 you know, im like the dude in ROUJIN Z only my bed isnt a nutter
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Nevermind. I respect my elders so what I said earlier was crap and you can look at me as another dimwitted kid. 89 huh. Yeah. Shocked
milky joe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:42 pm Reply with quote
i dont have to respect my elders, the only person older than me is michael douglas.

i just found out michael 'pearl harbour' bay is making Transformers.
bugger.

there is an advert for the Citeron Saxo car in england where the car transforms into a robot and dances around, it looks good.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Of course in the other thread you stated you're 27, you seem to be somewhat confused.

At any rate, if you don't like the films don't watch them. It's not as if anime hasn't butchered non-japanese stories and classics in the past. If you're going down the highway of generalizations you best recall that the road travels both ways.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:48 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't say that it's true that the movies are being made. It's true that someone is interested in making them. The Transformers movie actually seems to have real studio support, and is a proven money making franchise in the U.S., so it will probably actually be in theaters in the future. The Eva movie, so far, has nothing but speculative pre-production sketches. Those WETA drawings may as well be fan art. The movie has no studio, no script, and not enough financial backing. Nothing of any real value as far as a real movie goes. It will probably just stay in pre-production hell and never get made, unless, somehow, Eva does incredibly well on Adult Swim.
Coffeeman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Your one and a half examples have convinced me that Americans are trying to take over the world of animation.
Joe anime

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:23 pm Reply with quote
I always say this when it comes to americans doing anime:
they don't know what they're doing.

Last edited by Joe anime on Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Joe anime wrote:
I always say this when it comes to americans do anime:
they don't know what they're doing.

I find it's the same with Americans conjugating verbs correctly. They don't know what they are do.
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Americans are trying to take over the world of animation............

Walt Disney, Tex Avery, Chuck Jones, and Fritz Freleng, and Will Eisner would be turning over in their graves if they heard that.
Mr Mania

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
anyone remember the fist of the north star and guyver films? they stank like bon jovi.

The Guyver movie was very low budget. On top of that the director was rubbish and it was full of crappy actors.

That's not the case with Transformers or Evangelion. Transformers is set to be directed by Michael Bay. Bay certainly isn't a great director but he is far from being awful. He knows how to handle action at least. Spielberg will be the executive producer as well which is a good sign.

James Cameroon has the rights to Evangelion and if he decided to direct it himself it could be damn good. That's if it ever gets made.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that these movies will without a doubt be good however making a comparison to the Guyver live action movie makes no sense.

Quote:
U.K. is England right? I always get confused.

No the United Kingdom isn't England. England is a country (or to be technically precise a constituent country) in the United Kingdom along with Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Mania, it's GUNM (Battle Angel Alita) that James Cameron is obsessed over bringing to live action. He's been raving about the project for years and is a huge fan of the manga and the OAV.

And, quite frankly, considering how action filled and emotionally packed GUNM is, Cameron's pretty good for it.
Rozzer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:20 pm Reply with quote
I've yet to see a good remake of ANYTHING that the people in the US have done. Be it anime, horror or just remaking an old film because we have cool CGI effects now. I honestly can't say if they would mess up a Transformers remake or not, because I haven't seen any big budget robot flicks lately.
But if they were to remake it and screw it up, I'd be scared to see what they would do when they finally make Monster into a live action movie as well Shocked
Mr Mania

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:09 am Reply with quote
Craeyst Raygal wrote:
Mr. Mania, it's GUNM (Battle Angel Alita) that James Cameron is obsessed over bringing to live action. He's been raving about the project for years and is a huge fan of the manga and the OAV.

And, quite frankly, considering how action filled and emotionally packed GUNM is, Cameron's pretty good for it.

My mistake. I knew he was involved with Battle Angel Alita and thought for some reason he had a connection with Evangelion as well.

I've just remembered WETA are linked with Evangelion which is a sign that it has potential.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3