• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Some suggestions?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iemander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:26 am Reply with quote
Hey,

wondering if there are a few other series out there I'd like, preferably a fairly recent one. Next to that, anything goes as long as it's good and has some originality.

To show what I like and already have seen, I'll post up my public anime list.

Seen all

Seen some

Any advice is welcome, thanks.
Neclord516

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:18 am Reply with quote
I would have to recommend Speed Grapher. Its an anime by Gonzo so it is a very well animated piece of work. Its about a photographer that one day gets his camera turned into a weapon that destroys whatever it takes a picture of. The story is developing very well right now and the action is quite unique.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:01 am Reply with quote
Among those in your "want to see" list, go watch Now and Then, Here and There NOW. I've bought two DVD boxsets: one R0 from CPM (yes, it's legit; CPM has many R0 releases) and one R3 from Proware.

Speed Grapher? From what I've heard it has got the plague of degenerating animation (作画崩壞) appeared in many recent titles from GONZO. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
msi435

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:15 am Reply with quote
Hmmm, from what I see, you like series with a little bit of action and a little bit of drama. If a series leans either way too much you don't really like it. Some titles I would recommend... Rurouni Kenshin is a nice one; The drama, comedy, and action is balanced really well. Based historically in the Meiji era, the story follows a samurai by the name of Kenshin, who kicks a lot of ass, and takes a lot of names Wink. GTO is the coolest anime on the planet. It's about ex-biker/teacher who teaches more than books; he teaches about life. Now I know this sounds like a after school special but I'm positive you will like it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Iemander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:00 am Reply with quote
Thanks peeps,

msi435, as is stated in my list, I've already seen every single episode on Rurouni Kenshin including the OAV's (which I actually saw before viewing the TV series).

I also think you're incorrect assuming I like mixed series, I tend to like originality in my series, and more focused ones (Like Serial Experiment Lain for example) tend to be more original.

Dormcat, I've been wanting to see Now and Then, Here and There for some time now but it never gets too high on my priority list. I'll put it on nr 1 as of now.

Neclord516, thanks for the advice mate, I'll be sure to check it out.
Mr.Hawq

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:16 pm Reply with quote
i think peace maker kurogane is a one that i would reccomend, it has everything, drama,comedy,samurai action, and lots of blood, and i have seen that you have seen all the samurai animes i have seen but you are missing this one you check this one out.

and recent animes that you should check out is trinity blood, and i have also seen that you have seen trigun and hellsing, well this show has the mixture between that the main character is kind of like vash, i have enjoyed this show so far, and the music is also great, its a good vampire show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1