• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Black Rock Shooter TV Anime to Be Streamed Worldwide in 8 Subbed Languages

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maciste

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:15 pm Reply with quote
If the German in their actual sub is anywhere near as bad as in their description to the series, then they should consider dropping it right from the start. It'd be for the best.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:13 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:

I am hoping that like Fate/Zero, CR will also simulcast this, even if like F/Z, it has to be a week later.

This cause NicoNico Douga's quality is horrendous at least from what I seen from the first episode of F/Z.

ib4 Next announcement that Aniplex USA will be selling this for $400.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:53 am Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:

I am hoping that like Fate/Zero, CR will also simulcast this, even if like F/Z, it has to be a week later.

This cause NicoNico Douga's quality is horrendous at least from what I seen from the first episode of F/Z.

F/Z was streamed at 360p.

Black Rock Shooter will be done at 720p.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:56 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
Finny-chan wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:

F/Z was streamed at 360p.

Black Rock Shooter will be done at 720p.

Well thats good. Now if I can get this piece of junk to buffer a 720p stream.
Actar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:29 am Reply with quote
Wait, wait, wait. So will only Chinese subtitles be offered in Singapore? Honestly, if that were the case, that's completely ridiculous.

Not only is Singapore a multi-racial society (Chinese, Malay, Indian, etc...), we also have four national languages with English being a common platform for communication.

Also, I might be Chinese, but my Chinese language proficiency is crap.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:26 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
I mean, really, what made it "bad?" The fact that it wasn't to some peoples' tastes, or is there something about it that was cheap, powerless, and universally understood to be simply wrong?

How about that it had almost nothing to do with Black Rock Shooter? See, when I go to watch a show about a video-game esque girl who fights other super-powered individuals with impractically large guns, I don't want to see a slice-of-life friendship story take up 80% of the run-time.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Veers wrote:
Sarcasm? No. The OAV was terrible. The show is going to be terrible, too. Asking for the show to be better than the OAV miiiiight not be asking too much, though.

I quite liked the OVA.

But saying it'll suck?

You wouldn't be from the future, perhaps?
infiltration.cru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
Wait, wait, wait. So will only Chinese subtitles be offered in Singapore? Honestly, if that were the case, that's completely ridiculous.

Not only is Singapore a multi-racial society (Chinese, Malay, Indian, etc...), we also have four national languages with English being a common platform for communication.

Also, I might be Chinese, but my Chinese language proficiency is crap.

ok, this is the quite the smart-assing for my first reply, but the term would be "multi-ethnic". "race" has a pseudo-scientific background, as it was introduced and used to point out clear biological differences between people of different origin.

but yeah, i agree. as for me, i'd rather switch from german to english subs, as i usually watch everything in its original language, safe for english subs when i'm no fluent speaker.

as for the anime: watched some promos a long time ago so i don't really remember but i think it sucked.
HenDarou

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Gee, I have something to NOT look forward to, seeing as licensors never care to license shows for a country like Denmark, where the newest anime on store shelves is a decade old...
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:52 am Reply with quote
I liked the OVA, not as much as I had expected to, but I liked it nonetheless. However, I think it's biggest problem was pretty much it's lack of running time.

One OVA tried to cover so much with such little running time. They had to condense so much stuff that things ended up jumping from scene to scene in such a messy format. I even remember one scene jumping all the way to the end of the school year... and it took me a few seconds to figure out what happened.

I'm sure that the series, even if it is only 8 episodes long, will be able to better elaborate on things in the story rather than show bits and pieces and expect viewers to connect the dots.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3