• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Princess Tutu--discussion

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pink_sugar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:46 am Reply with quote
Hey everyone..
I just started getting into Princess Tutu.
I want to know, does anyone else like this anime?
Who's your favorite character?
I like Duck (i've only seen the dub so far.. i know her real name is something with an A) and Mythos (who reminds me of Elios from Sailor Moon..)
And another question, were dolls ever made of this series?
DKL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Duck is AHIRU in JAPANESE, ADV decided to go with DUCK since it's really the proper translation...

I have to admit thought, it was somewhat JARRING since I came off a dub that uses AHIRU

Anyway, this series RAWKS, it's really fun and really deep, and the story is very interesting, it makes use of the original fairy tale thingies *Which I don't know a whole lot about, but at least now I have been exposed to them a bit thanks to this show*

As for MERCHANDISE... not sure, although I'd love a plush of DUCK *the duck*

ADV needs to make one!
Gauss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:52 pm Reply with quote
DKL wrote:

Anyway, this series RAWKS, it's really fun and really deep, and the story is very interesting, it makes use of the original fairy tale thingies *Which I don't know a whole lot about, but at least now I have been exposed to them a bit thanks to this show*

It's more like basing it off various famous ballets that in turn are based on a number of fairytales. Though at least some of the stories seem to be inspired directly by fairy tales. It is definitely one of the more unique anime productions I've seen and one of my recent favourites.
Furuba_Girl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:02 pm Reply with quote
I really like this anime but I've only seen a few episodes because I watch it on Anime Network on Demand... can anybody tell me how many episodes there are?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
DKL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:35 pm Reply with quote
26, they say different, but it's 26 FULL EPISODES...

I was actually confused with all the info on that
pink_sugar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:25 am Reply with quote
Furuba_Girl wrote:
I really like this anime but I've only seen a few episodes because I watch it on Anime Network on Demand... can anybody tell me how many episodes there are?

i'm pretty sure there are two seasons, but i am not quite sure as to how many episodes.
Furuba_Girl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Shocked Only 26 episodes... wow i didn't think it would actually last that long but thats cool... Theres just more to watch now Cool thanks for the info.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Suikoden6880

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Aww....Only 26 episodes....It's such an awesome series, too! ^ ^
Im currently watching 'Princess Tutu' on AoD, but, unfortunately, they only got to episode 9 when it started a whole re-run....--; I have to see eps.10!
Furuba_Girl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:13 pm Reply with quote
me too! they played episodes to number 1-9 and then the put episode 1 on... but i guess thats kinda good for me because i never got to see #1 in the first place Anime smallmouth
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1