• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Will SailorMoon Continue???

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kanegawa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:36 pm Reply with quote
I don't know where I heard, something about Sailor Moon returning. I mean it would also be very logical, I mean it was one of the best series with a magical girl in. I would really love it!! I am a long time fan of SM. Ever since I was a girl I hardly ever missed an episode. Now I don't know if any of this is true, though. Although agian, IT WOULD BE NICE!!!! OR NOT? Razz Anime hyper
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "returning." As far as there being new episodes, the last animated version of SM, Sailor Stars, debuted 9 years ago. It wrapped the series up about as well as any other anime does. If you're talking about returning to TV or something of that nature, currently all rights to Sailor Moon and the Sailor Moon manga for North America have expired.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:55 pm Reply with quote
So Geneon's rights on seasons 3 and 4 have expired now, too? To answer the OP, I don't think it will ever be back on TV--go seek out the DVDs, you can probably find good deals on the sub-only releases of seasons 1 & 2 and the thinpack (tm) collections of seasons 3 and 4. As for the fifth season. . .well, you'll have to resort to means not condoned on this website.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
So Geneon's rights on seasons 3 and 4 have expired now, too?

Yup, they're both "out of print" as of June.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1