• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
El Hazard

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anime_Fever

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Hello, I just bought the El Hazard series, all of them. The Magnificent World, Wanderers, Alternative World...

My question is, what order should I watch them in? It says that Wanderers is a alternate retelling (of what? both ovas or just magnificent world?)... So should I watch that last?

It looks like it should be: Magnificent World > Alternative World > Wanderers

But Is that the order I should watch them? I dont wanna mess anything up or spoile anything for me.

Im guessing im supposed to watch them in this order though: Magnificent World > Wanderers > Alternative World

thanks Wink
Dranxis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure M>A>W is the right order. But they aren't really chronological series, or at least not from my perspective. I've never seen Alternate World, but I'm guessing that's a sort of sequel to Magnificent. Wanderers, however, is definetly an alternate retelling of Magnificent, with similar characters but completely different pairings.

Anyway, I love the original Magnificent world OVA. In my opinion, it does the most with the short amount of episodes it has. Wanderers is okay by itself but suffers from lots of filler episodes.
Anime_Fever

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Is there a big enough difference between Magnificent World and Wanderers? Like, did I waist my money buying both?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Anime_Fever wrote:
Is there a big enough difference between Magnificent World and Wanderers? Like, did I waist my money buying both?

Ifirita in Magnificent World is a lot cooler and sexy while the Ifirita in Wanderers is just an airhead. Confused
Anime_Fever

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:07 pm Reply with quote
So has anyone seen the whole series? What order would you recommend me watching them in? It doesn't matter what order there supposed to be, what would you suggest?
gnikdrazil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:50 am Reply with quote
The Wanderers is a complete seperate entity from the Magnificent World and Alternative World. The Wanderers is suppose to be a retelling of the Magnificent World, but expanded to 26 episodes and made for a younger audience in mind. I would suggest watching the Wanderers first from personal experience. I had watched the Magnificent World and held it in so high regards that I couldn't stand watching the water downed version that was the Wanderers. As for the order of the last 2. The Magnificent World has 2 series in it, El-Hazard the Magnificent World and El-Hazard 2. They are directly linked. In El-Hazard the Magnificent World, one character "proposes" to another. In El-Hazard 2, the character who proposed got cold feet and ran away thus triggering a new adventure. The Alternative World takes place after the two characters get married.
Ferquin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Anime_Fever wrote:
So has anyone seen the whole series? What order would you recommend me watching them in? It doesn't matter what order there supposed to be, what would you suggest?

To answer your question watch The Magnificent World (El Hazard, then El Hazard 2). Then watch The Alternative World. Don't even bother with the Wanderers. As gnikdrazil said, Wanderers is a crappy retelling of the first El Hazard. Not only is it watered down, lots of characters are different and the main story is changed quite a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1