• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
reminder! Dragon Ball Z uncut begins next Tuesday

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emory

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:37 pm Reply with quote
I saw the promo here - http://www.toonamiarsenal.com . The schedule also confirms it at CartoonNetwork.com . The good news is they appear to be running all the episodes that were edited by Saban with a brand new dub.

Unless you missed out on DBZ, wish to see it uncut, or haven't downloaded it though,you're probably not interested.
arxane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure how "uncut" this will be, but the CN schedule on CN's website is advertising this show as TV-PG in the timeslot just before Adult Swim.

I'm hoping this is a precursor to what they'll allow with "Naruto".
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:17 pm Reply with quote
I might check it out if it's indeed the new dub it should be interesting. Though I'm definitely not the DBZ fan I used to be so I don't know if I'll have the patience for it.

Last edited by Kruszer on Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
mitora

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Cool Yeah I'm so excited, Its been a long time since I've seen DBZ but I remember that they used to show some of the uncut eps at midnight about 5 or 6 years ago although I was a little young to remember what they showed...I know there was more blood though...Aw crap I hope I have CN where I'm moving. LaughingI wonder if I'll still like it, I hav'nt seen it in 4 years.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:45 pm Reply with quote
--Nevermind--
DELETE ME!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
emory

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:51 pm Reply with quote
mitora wrote:
Cool Yeah I'm so excited, Its been a long time since I've seen DBZ but I remember that they used to show some of the uncut eps at midnight about 5 or 6 years ago although I was a little young to remember what they showed...I know there was more blood though...Aw crap I hope I have CN where I'm moving. LaughingI wonder if I'll still like it, I hav'nt seen it in 4 years.
DBZ wasn't shown uncut at night. You're thinking of Gundam Wing.
sailorspazz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:08 am Reply with quote
Yeah, though both Gundam Wing and DBZ aired many years ago in Toonami's "Midnight Run" block, only Gundam Wing was uncut (well, mostly....I did a sort of "Gundam Wing Uncensored" page and found that there were minor changes in some uncut episodes as well). The editing level of DBZ on TV has fluctuated over the years (first there was the totally hacked up Saban version, then there was the pretty lax version that included blood and stuff, but then in later episodes the editing seemed to get a bit tighter again), so this is the first time it will actually be airing uncensored on Cartoon Network....though I'm curious if it will actually be completely uncut, because while I'm sure they can show quite a bit of violence, I'm not sure if the nudity will be allowed.

I guess we'll find out soon how far they'll be able to go. Dragonball is still my all time favorite series, and I look forward to seeing the early episodes uncut before they come out on DVD (I'm still getting the DVDs for the Japanese version, though). Here's hoping that they get rid of that awful "other dimension" crap and cut out the stupid lines like "oh, I can see their parachutes!" I know they fixed some errors in the first volume (in the redub, Gohan says he's four years old, while in the former dub he said he was five, which was wrong), but there were other errors that remained (The Planet Vegeta was destroyed three years ago? Uh, okay, so that makes Gokuu three years old with a four year old son....how does that work?)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1