• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
When are the new Episodes of SAC suppose to be in America?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
afrothunder75

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:02 am Reply with quote
More specifically on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. I know it is a n00b question, however I would not be asking it if I knew the answer.
Lone Wolf and Cub

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:32 am Reply with quote
Next fall is what I read, so I'm assuming either in september or october. Look forward to it....because IMO the second season is better than the first..but both are awesome so see them both^^.

~LoneWolf
emory

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:56 am Reply with quote
They'll begin on Saturday when Paranoia Agent ends.
Nionel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:40 am Reply with quote
The Saturday when Paranoia ends? That'd be August 20th, barring any special events AS may run on upcoming Saturdays, and that just seems a bit too early for some reason...I was thinking it'd be more like October or something before we see 2nd Gig
patch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:55 am Reply with quote
on a somewhat releated note, any word on when Fullmetal Alchemist will resume on [adult swim]? I wonder if they going to air Champloo in it's entirety or stop halfway through and switch back to Fullmetal?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:50 pm Reply with quote
I heard Fullmetal Alchemist was going to re-air around October with GitS: SAC 2nd GIG. This will also give the DVDs enough time to catch up to where [adult swim] left off, which I'd like to see happen having missed the last two episodes on [as] Anime dazed.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:20 pm Reply with quote
I know the first 2nd Gig DVD comes out September 20th, Aniamerica says sometime in the fall for Adult Swim. I'd say September or November.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:48 pm Reply with quote
emory wrote:

I thought 2nd Gig was going to debut parallel to Fullmetal Alchemist around Novemberish.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I heard Fullmetal Alchemist was going to re-air around October with GitS: SAC 2nd GIG. This will also give the DVDs enough time to catch up to where [adult swim] left off, which I'd like to see happen having missed the last two episodes on [as] Anime dazed.

They should be re-airing the last 2 episodes of FMA around 7/5-6 and the last 2 episodes of GITS around 7/11-12 by my calculation.
emory

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
emory wrote:

I thought 2nd Gig was going to debut parallel to Fullmetal Alchemist around Novemberish.
GitS will be done quicker, so they can slide it in after PA's 13 episodes. No fuss, no muss.
Dagwood

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:01 pm Reply with quote
According to the "[adult swim] 2005 Programming Highlights" released on 3/25/05, GitS:SAC will return in September. The exact date isn't specified and I'd give everyone the link, but I printed it out.

They also said Cowboy Bebop: The Movie will air in September. I think they might air it after Paranoia Agent ends, to fill the gap between the series. Just like they did recently with Metropolis and Inuyasha: Movie 1. I guess we'll just have to wait and see to find out for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:10 pm Reply with quote
emory wrote:
GitS will be done quicker, so they can slide it in after PA's 13 episodes. No fuss, no muss.

Quicker how? 2nd Gig is 26 episodes, and there are 25 left of Fullmetal Alchemist. Run side-by-side, it'd be FMA that'd get done quicker.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nionel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Keep in mind though, AS may do what they did with FMA and GitS the first time through and show 13 episode "seasons" so that they don't run out of new stuff to air before getting some new shows, and honestly...I won't be suprised if the same thing is done with Samurai Champloo and Scryed
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Nionel wrote:
Keep in mind though, AS may do what they did with FMA and GitS the first time through and show 13 episode "seasons" so that they don't run out of new stuff to air before getting some new shows,

They ran Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex in its entirety (2nd Gig technically being a second series), and 26 full episodes of Fullmetal Alchemist in one go. Where'd you get 13 episode seasons from? Adult Swim has never broken up a 26-episode series' run as far as I can recall. That's G4's bag, not Adult Swim's.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:53 am Reply with quote
Dagwood wrote:
According to the "[adult swim] 2005 Programming Highlights" released on 3/25/05, GitS:SAC will return in September. The exact date isn't specified and I'd give everyone the link, but I printed it out.

They also said Cowboy Bebop: The Movie will air in September. I think they might air it after Paranoia Agent ends, to fill the gap between the series. Just like they did recently with Metropolis and Inuyasha: Movie 1. I guess we'll just have to wait and see to find out for sure.

Aren't they also going to show Escaflowne The Movie or did I miss that?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2