• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Another of probably many recommendation threads

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EpsilonEX

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:21 pm Reply with quote
I didn't really want to start a new thread over this but I wish to buy an anime DVD but I am undecided of what to get. I like sci-fi but that is not the only anime I will watch. I prefer relatively serious shows or movies but I did really like Azumanga Diaoh and Cromartie High School. My favorite shows/movies I have seen is GITS, Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Noir. I am 18 so I can get whatever I want but what is everyones recommendations? One DVD that would be worthwhile and cost under $35. It could be either a movie or a season of a show if they come that cheap.
What I've seen:
Some
All
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Well Samurai Champloo is a good one if you liked Cowboy Bebop, my personal favorite is Laxt Exile and I believe it'd fit into your listed criteria.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Crest/Banner of the Star -- Look here in a post I made that goes into a little more detail. There are 3 series that all intertwine and go in the following order:

Crest of the Stars (13 episodes)
Banner of the Stars (13 episodes)
Banner of the Stars II (10 episodes)

They are all avaialbe in bricked box sets, but I think the Banner box sets were limited.

I'll also second Last EXILE. For a little of my opinion on it, look here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1