• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Completely blind wannabe j-music fan needs help

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
megamanxfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:40 am Reply with quote

All right, i've bothered the anime and manga areas of the site, noe it's your turn. The only experience i've had of any japanese music is with Mad Capsule Markets (VERY good) Can anyone give me suggestions, from any genre, of what you think is good?

Thanks in advance! Anime smile
Cloe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Judging from your taste, I think you may like L'arc~en~Ciel. They're a super-popular rock band and have put out consistently good music for the past decade. I'm not much into jrock/jpop (I'm more of a soundtrack/instrumental music girl, although I adore Akino Arai) but I do like L'arc. (Jonathan's really the person to go to for this sort of question. Wink) You can look over his review of their SMILE CD here and their new DVD here. Hope that helps!

Oh, also, you can look here and here for some more recommendations from other people.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:56 pm Reply with quote
I've only heard one song by MMC, but from that, you might like D'espairs Ray or Buck-Tick.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
totalgeek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:14 am Reply with quote
If you haven't checked them out, you should give the band The Pillows a listen. They did the music for FLCL and have a sort of pop/punk sound.
megamanxfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:02 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the posts so far, but if people don't mind, could you keep posting please? Anime smile

Also, does anyone know who made the music that plays on the credits of Battle Royale and Ring?

Thanks again Smile
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:50 pm Reply with quote
megamanxfanatic wrote:

Thanks for the posts so far, but if people don't mind, could you keep posting please? ^_^

Also, does anyone know who made the music that plays on the credits of Battle Royale and Ring?

Thanks again :)

The end credits music for Battle Royale was done by Dragon Ash, I think.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1