• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Heat Guy J episode number

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master_of_You

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Heat Guy J (anime #1820) actually has 26 episodes. In the Japanese showing the 15th episode is titled "Angel", when in the MTV2 broadcast they skip this episode and replace it with the next episode, "Target", making their broadcast only show 25 episodes.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Actually, I've verified on the official site and TBS's site that the series is 25 episodes long. Unless you're talking about an episode that's a DVD exclusive.

http://www.tbs.co.jp/heat-guy/story/index.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Chiroptera Rex
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:42 am Reply with quote
It appears to be a 26 ep series, but only 25 were shown. I'm really surprised at this, having bought the entire series and it has 26 eps on it. On the fourth DVD,
"虜 (Toriko) - Angel" is the 15th episode of the series. One of the main sites that you have on the Heat Guy J page, Bandai Visual's Official Heat Guy J Homepage, has "虜 - Angel" listed in their episode guide as an extra episode ("EX話"). This seems funny since the episode is important spoiler[to the development of Daisuke Aurora and Claire Leonelli's relationship. In episode 17 "裂 - Independence", Monica Gabriel tells Dice that, "Everyone is out to get Claire[.]" because Claire's left eye is important to getting money out of the Vita Company's safe and Daisuke's head moves in such a way that he has an idea about what to do. He then calls Kyoko and asks her for Claire's credit card info. Still, that doesn't explain why Daisuke would seek out Claire since, without "虜 - Angel", Dice wouldn't have seen the Vampire since their intense battle on the Vita Building's roof in episode 13 "撃 - Encounter" where Claire promised to make Daisuke pay for making a fool of him. In "虜 - Angel", he does make Dice pay, but at the end Dice helps Claire and the two begin a sort of friendship].

I suppose that "虜 - Angel" could have been cut from the broadcast on TBS and MTV2 (I didn't even know MTV2 broadcast the series past episode 13) due to the use of a narcotic similar to LSD. That's the only reason that I can think of. The episode, IMHO, plays an important part in the series.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:11 am Reply with quote
I see. Correcting episode lists right now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Chiroptera Rex
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 2:26 am Reply with quote
Just to add, Toriko means captive or prisoner. The DVD translates it as hostage since spoiler[Daisuke is taken hostage by Claire].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1