• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magic Tree House Books' Anime Film Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeopower6

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:41 am Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
Before now, I can't think of a single Anime title, movie or series, that ever featured dinosaurs (the actual, animal-like kind) in it. Most interesting.

Either way, looks like a cute and fun movie.

There is the very charming "You are Umasou!" which was both a film and a TV series.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:44 am Reply with quote
Hmmm...I remember reading the one about Egypt and the one in ancient China(Day of the Dragon or something)...and then there was one in the amazons.

Wonder if they'll adapt those particular books?
Redlinks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually looking forward to this. I really hope it gets licensed in the States seeing as it's one of the most popular children's books here. It would be great if Disney could license it.
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:11 pm Reply with quote
This looks terrible, an outrage to the works of Mary Pop Osborne. Why are they speaking Japanese? They're clearly western! And what's with the J-POP theme song? Western children would never listen to that! This is so unfaithful to the source material! GAH! They're ruining my childhood, stop it!
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I'd never heard of the books before now, but this looks like a fun anime. *click* Added to my Want-To-See list.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:12 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I read probably a dozen of the Magic Tree House books when I was in elementary/middle school! I liked that there were many sagas and story arcs. Maybe each movie could cover a story arc!

I also find it interesting that they're openly promoting the voice cast, especially considering a woman is voicing Jack. In America, that would never fly! When Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius was being promoted by Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon Movies for it's theatrical release, they went to great lengths to keep the casting of Debi Derryberry as Jimmy a secret since they felt it would hurt box office returns if the kids found out Jimmy was voiced by a woman (but I applauded them for casting "real" voice actors, not celebrities)! I guess the Japanese are used to females playing males of all ages (looks at Goku). Here in America, it's pretty much strictly for young boys (usually less than 10 years old).

I too would LOVE to see a mainstream American release for this film! I've been dreaming of a Magic Tree House movie ever since I picked up the first book!
zeopower6

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
This looks terrible, an outrage to the works of Mary Pop Osborne. Why are they speaking Japanese? They're clearly western! And what's with the J-POP theme song? Western children would never listen to that! This is so unfaithful to the source material! GAH! They're ruining my childhood, stop it!

This is made for JAPAN. Because Japanese people have read the Magic Tree House books as well and loved them. When they make the American animated version of this *if ever*, maybe then you'll get the non-J-Pop English version you've wanted.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2