• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Pokémon Holds AKB48-Style Election for #1 Cover Model

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
championferret

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:50 am Reply with quote
Clearly the answer is Suicune.

Although Pikachu will probably win, if not Charizard.
Haterater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:05 am Reply with quote
I thin Pikachu will still it, since its been the "mascot" since forever, but would love it if its the newer pokemon. Starters are a good second. Now if Ho-oh wins, that'll make my day. That pokemon doesn't get any love.
Redlinks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:22 am Reply with quote
I hope Pikachu wins. Pokemon Yellow was my favorite game out of them all!
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:25 am Reply with quote
Pikachu will win since he is the most popular. Charizard kicks Pikachu's ass any day of the week, though.

Haterater wrote:
Now if Ho-oh wins, that'll make my day. That pokemon doesn't get any love.

Who doesn't give Ho-oh love? Ho-oh is one the top Pokemon in battling, even with a 4x weakness to Stealth Rock. One of the last things I want to come across in a battle is a Ho-oh under Sun - especially one with Regenerator. Anyone who knows anything about battling gives Ho-oh tons of love, it's just in the form of respect and fear.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Haterater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:30 am Reply with quote
Mainly it doesn't get love from the anime like the other legendaries do. Even the roaming pokemon Suicune and Co. get more love than Ho-oh does. Ho-oh doesn't even get a major role in the movies. That's just cruel.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:36 am Reply with quote
The anime does treat Ho-oh like throwaway. I've always been shocked that he didn't get a movie, or at least show up in some manner in Pokemon 2000 with Lugia and the trio.

Raikou also gets shafted since Suicune and Entei have their own movies and he has a few cameos. No, Pokemon Chronicles doesn't count.

At the same time, though, the anime has always been a little whack, so it's not that shocking.

"Finish him off with False Swipe!"
"Aerial Ace missed!?"
"Aim for the horn!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Haterater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:50 am Reply with quote
Very true. I would be happy with a few cameos at the very least. I feel like the anime is "punishing" him for whatever crazy reason, but glad the game is giving him love. I thought Stealth Rock would be the end, but glad it can hold its own.
nynextew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:01 am Reply with quote
I don't know why but I feel like Rayquaza should win, but he doesn't seem like the type of pokemon to advertise.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Heh, you can see the character designs get worse and worse as the years go on. Razz
JormelKaze

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Heh, you can see the character designs get worse and worse as the years go on. Razz

More like, the designs are getting more intricate, away from the simpler styles we remember from our nostalgia. Personally, I really like the new designs. They're quite creative indeed. :'3

Whatever the case is, I just really hope Pikachu doesn't win the election. That would make my day.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I kinda hope Pikachu doesn't win if not just because of the massive amount of event Pikachus there have been already. Lets get a special Lugia or something?
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:35 pm Reply with quote
So moe. Oh, wrong series. Razz
Jeikobu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:48 pm Reply with quote
I'd be happy with most of these, but I really want Lizardon to win. Hitokage is #1 on my Pokemon wish list. Pikachu at least I could probably get from a friend with a generation IV game. Besides, it's not an uncommon Pokemon, where as starters and legendaries are obviously quite rare. I really hope the Japanese fans don't waste their vote on it when this would be a golden opportunity to get something far less obtainable, but I'm worried that Pikachu's fame alone will be enough to get it the win.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1