• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What anime do you intend to see?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:09 pm Reply with quote
My recent interest in a couple series comming out in April has inspired this topic. What anime series or film to do you really want to watch but haven't had the chance. Post your ANN Want to See listsor describe a few of them.

animenewsnetwork.com/MyAnime/?categ=1&user=Kruszer
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:21 pm Reply with quote
I want to see Madlax and Burst Angel. Some that I want to see that aren't licensed yet are Maho-sensei Negima!, Gankutsuou, and Bushilord.
I also want to see the Fullmetal Alchemist and Naruto movies. Hopefully the Naruto movie will come out shortly after the series is shown on CN. (There's also a second movie coming out in Japan sometime in August.)[/i]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Madlax does look pretty good yeah, I agree, and sounds simmiliar to Noir which is one of my personal favorites. I also plan to pick up the Full Metal Panic Complete Collection as well as the first volume of Scrapped Princess.
Cronos X

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I want to see Howl's Moving Castle and the Kino's Journey movie that should be coming out soon.
Inu_Yasha_jr.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:20 am Reply with quote
These really aren't anime titles that are coming out some time this year, but I really want to see "His and Her Circumstances", "Hanaukyo Maid Team La Verite" and "Naruto". ^^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
matticans

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:29 am Reply with quote
All i know is that Full Metal Panic Fumoffu and Elfen Lied are coming out in May, so i am happy. I also can't wait to finish R.O.D. TV and Gungrave.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:46 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
I also plan to pick up the Full Metal Panic Complete Collection

Wow, thanks for mentioning it. I borrowed the first two volumes from a friend and really like the show. He doesn't have the rest of the series, but now that a box set is coming out (4-19-2005 for all of you who don't know yet) you can be sure I'll be saving up for it.

I also would like to see the two Ghost in the Shell movies as I haven't seen the first one in a long time and have yet to see Innocence. I'll probably buy the Special Edition for the first one and then the Innocence/Millennium Actress combo so I can get yet another title I'd like to see Smile.

I ordered the Fullmetal Alchemist starter set yesterday and am curious to hear it in Japanese to see if my praise for the dub is true to its source or if it's just another aberration.

Hm.. I guess I'd also like to finish Haibane Renmei, Paranoia Agent, Gundam SEED, and maybe even pick up Serial Experiments Lain.

But more importantly (and off topic), after a recent trend of only buying one or two video games per year for the last 3 or 4 years, I think I'll try investing in that department again by purchasing Zone of the Enders (one and two), Dynasty Warriors 5 (love those Koei games), DBZ Budokai 3, and maybe Madden '06 this summer. I've a lot of catching up to do.

Last edited by Tony K. on Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sakurazukamori

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:40 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Madlax does look pretty good yeah, I agree, and sounds simmiliar to Noir which is one of my personal favorites.

You're right about Madlax, it is very similar. Noir was one of my favorites. Now it's Noir & Madlax.

Want to see : (most of them are old animes)
animenewsnetwork.com/MyAnime/?categ=1&user=sakurazukamori

All :
animenewsnetwork.com/MyAnime/?user=sakurazukamori

Last edited by Sakurazukamori on Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Lazuright

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:56 am Reply with quote
I want to fullmetal alchemist like the rest of you. But i'm just dieing to see Apple Seed. None of the theaters near me showed it so i'm waiting for the DVD!
Vash_the_Stamp3d3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:25 am Reply with quote
I am pretty much just wanting to finish series that I have already started, Gungrave, Gundam Seed, Gad Guard, Samurai Champloo, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Peacemaker Kurogane.

I would also like to see the Naruto movie. I also cannot wait until Funimation releases Samurai 7.
Acolyte

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:07 pm Reply with quote
As of right now I'm looking for Crest of the Stars and Banner of the Stars 1&2, Complete Collections, to buy. They seem to be rare now-a-days. I loved the mangas, so now I just have to buy the anime. Plus, if memory serves, I hear that plans are in the works to continue on with the story. Gotta get'm quick.

Sometime this year I want to get Noir, and Figure 17, both of which I've already seen, in complete collections, and FMP Fumofu, which I haven't seen, yet. But since I own FMP, Fumofu is a must. From what I hear it's every bit as good as it's predecessor.

I've been eying Stellvia on the rental shelf at Hastings, along with Ghost in the Shell SAC & GITS Innocense, Azu Dioh, Peace Maker, Wolf's Rain........; so many anime, so little sleep Anime dazed . If it's anything like last year, I'll end up taking a weeks vacation just so I can plant my butt on the couch and watch anime. Screw sunlight, give me that pale, ghostly complexion that goes with being a troglodyte.
Mexicanime86

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I really want to see the rest of Chobits, and start on GTO, Please Teacher, and Mouse. I'm also curious as to how good h****i is, not that I'm into that kinda stuff.(wait, my list makes me seem as though I am!!!!) Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
biliano

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Of the titles on my Want to See list that will be released in the USA later this year, the one title that I want to see the most is Tenjo Tenge, especially with all of the controversy surronding the heavily-edited manga that's being distributed by CMX.

Of the series that are already out, Figure 17 and Haibane Remnei are the top two that I will watch in the future.

Of the series that are currently airing in Japan, My-HiME and Uta~Kata are the two that I would like to see. My-HiME sparked my interest because the series is Studio Sunrise's first anime in which the main character is female. Uta~Kata is the second project of team gimik, who wrote the script for Kiddy Grade (which is one of my favorite series).
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Mexicanime86 wrote:
I really want to see the rest of Chobits, and start on GTO, Please Teacher, and Mouse. I'm also curious as to how good h****i is, not that I'm into that kinda stuff.(wait, my list makes me seem as though I am!!!!) Embarassed

Huh? If by "h****i" you mean hentai, I don't see what the problem is since none of the shows you've listed are actual hentai in the first place Wink.

I can see how you may like the implications of sensuality or fanservice within these titles, but just so you know Great Teacher Onizuka hardly has any of what you might be looking for. It has some subtle ecchi, but a majority of the series is comedy, drama, and even a little romance (and at an excellent level at that).

You might like it if you watch it in English (the dub is terrible by the way, so it depends on how much you can tolerate), but I guarantee you'll like it more in Japanese. Trust me, the Americanized jokes in the dub script are too crude and out of character for Onizuka's personality, try it in Japanese at least the first time through Smile.
Mexicanime86

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Don't worry, I only watch anime with subs any way. But then you never know what you may end up being a fan of, if you know what I mean. Twisted Evil If the anime I like has sexual implications in it, then its my fault for being a fan of it in the first place. Any thoughts people?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2