• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Towa no Quon, The World God Only Knows

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:38 am Reply with quote
Dark Absol wrote:
Only if Sentai Filmworks could license all Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (including Strikers and movies) and all four seasons of The Familiar of Zero, including OVAs...

One fantasy of mine is Crunchyroll licensing the fourth ZnT series in January, and per their usual approach, picking up the earlier series as library titles.

It certainly would be nice to see the second and third series legally, given that I saw those as fansubs before I stopped last summer. As it stands now, it may be five years before I see the fourth series (as that is the time frame I am leaning toward adopting before giving up on an anime being licensed and resorting to the fansub).

As to StrikerS, I rarely purchase any series, and I could not claim it is my #1 series of all time, but the fact that I can't purchase it legally (short of importing $70 Japanese DVDs that have no English subtitles) has made it grow in importance to the point I would buy it. That said, I would be satisfied if someone would just license the series for streaming.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:39 am Reply with quote
YAY!!!!!!!!!! So happy that Towanoquon got licensed!!! I've been watching it in theaters and (with the exception of episode 2 which I felt wasn't entirely necessary) am loving it. Wanted to buy the Japanese BDs, but didn't want to pay Japanese BD prices.

Thrilled to hear that Towanoquon's been picked up and I can get all the chapters on one or two discs. BLU-RAY RELEASE PLEASE!!!
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:38 am Reply with quote
Towa no Quon sounds liek an interesting series. Never heard of it. I'll have to check it out. I like supernatural type shows. I'm surprised that 'TWGOK' has been picked up. Didn't expect that.
Aeriven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:47 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen any of the other series on there, but I watched The World God Only Knows on Crunchyroll and absolutely loved it. It will be a definite buy for me, even moreso if we're getting a dub (which, since Sentai's giving it a Blu-ray release, it more than likely will). Very Happy
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Ooh! Good to see Soredemo was licensed, I liked that quirky show. Now if only they'd get Natsu no Arashi and it's sequel too.

Also good that The World God Only Knows was licensed as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6