• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
whats the name of the...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squall2600

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:12 am Reply with quote
battel theme in naruto
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:11 am Reply with quote
You mean the one that starts out with the taiko drums, has the guys chanting 'hah, huh, and suya,' which is then accompanied by a flute and electric guitar?

That would be "Naruto Main Theme," the second to last track on the first OST. I love that piece by the way Anime hyper.
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:32 am Reply with quote
what about that one that they use a lot (at least in the first 30 episodes, I haven't seen past that) thats like metallica meets video game music.
elec guitar: DUH duh duh DUH duh duh DUH duh duh DUH duh duh
then : DUN DUN duhduh DUN DUN duhduh (then back into guitar part)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Not sure which one you're talking about. I can think of at least 3 other pieces that use electric guitar other than the Main Theme. Are there any other instruments or could you name a particular episode? I can give you the names of the tracks, but I could probably narrow it down to just one if you give just little more info. The tracks are:

#7 "The Rising Fighting Spirit"
#16 "Need To Be Strong"
#18 "Strong and Strike"

And since you said it sounds like Metallica, I'm guessing it's probably #16. It's the only one out of the three that sounds even close to their style.
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:54 pm Reply with quote
lets see...
I don't remember what a specific example would be, but its sometimes when they're explaining something. its kinda upbeat and not really dark like the rest of the fight music is in Naruto, but this song is used durring fights
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:00 am Reply with quote
Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop Hm.. no, sorry. I'm still not getting anything. How about the next time you hear it, give me the episode number and the scene, and be specific. Well, you don't have to be super specific, but just tell me who's suppose to be talking, what they're talking about, and maybe the time of the episode (like the minutes and seconds of when it starts).

If you give me the episode number and running time of where they start playing the music, I'll definitely be able to tell you. A friend of mine is putting the series on CD until it comes out in an R1 release, so I can use those as cross references Wink.
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:38 pm Reply with quote
yeah, I had tried looking, but wasn't finding it. I would have to watch every episode that I've seen so far, and that would take a while.
but I'll ask again when I come across it, thanks Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1