• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What's the 1st anime you saw?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ev0luti0nzer0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:18 am Reply with quote
I was just wondering to know what was the 1st anime series you saw? Mine was Initial D.
Krelian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:40 am Reply with quote
Technically, I watched anime on french television when I was a kid. This was a French dubbed (yeah, it sux) version of Saint Seiya and a bunch of others I can't remember. Goldorak was one of them.

Later I followed Tekkaman Blade and Rurouni Kenshin (English dubbed).

What really got me watching original anime and basically created my mania was Outlaw Star. It's not an obvious starting title but it was enjoyable. After that it was Evangelion and it sorta went snowball from there Very Happy
benbboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:41 am Reply with quote
first i ever saw would have to be pokemon i suppose.....but i wasnt too old. First one that i would really consider an anime would have to be rurouni kenshin....which was followed by .hack//sign.
Ulthrion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:21 am Reply with quote
The first anime I ever watched was Akira, which planted the seeds that would later (about 3 years later) become an anime addiction. This was only held off by shows like BDZ etc. which kind of ruined my look on anime those days.

Farseer Ulthrion
_MOJO_

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:55 am Reply with quote
the first anime I ever watch is Naruto, but the best anime I have ever seen is Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. It is so sad Rolling Eyes
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:10 am Reply with quote
By accident, Robot Carnival on USA Network. During the time when you could see topless nudity without the Pay-Per-View crap or the "Snowy' scramble signal.
Dachande

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:36 am Reply with quote
My first anime was either Volton or Transformers. Don't exactly remember which.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Lazuright

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:00 am Reply with quote
The first i saw was Escaflowne. I saw about half of it then it was caned. I then spent a half a year trying to find a place to buy it from. That was about 5 to 6 years ago.
kamiboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:10 am Reply with quote
My first were the trio of Ninja Scroll, Wicked City and Urotsukidoji. I was hooked at once but my limited budget didn't allow me to adopt it as a hobby until many years later.
MichiyoYoshiku

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:31 am Reply with quote
Project AKo. Right now my only copy is the poor first issue. My first anime deserves better than that.
matticans

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:33 am Reply with quote
The first anime i ever watched was DBZ 7-8 years ago when it came on at like 6 AM on UPN before Iron Man and The Fantastic Four. I swear all they played was The Tree of Might Rolling Eyes , but it didn't matter....i was hooked Very Happy
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:59 am Reply with quote
My first anime (that I knew was anime) was Akira, and I hated it. I like it now, but the violence and gore upset me at the time.

The first I saw and liked was Ranma. The wierd timing and pauses in the first episode spellbound me, even though now I know is was only that way to stretch the story out to full length. Later in the series they'd just fill the time with weak gags so they could maintain a quick pace. But the idea of a slapstick comedy at a Kubrickian pace enthralled me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
KirklandVR6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:40 am Reply with quote
The first anime i watched was Princess Mononoke, which helped created a curiosity. I then watched the Berserk series, and after that there was no turning back.
Nionel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:56 am Reply with quote
The first anime I ever saw was Vampire Hunter D, I liked it then and still like it now, but it opened the door to something I've been doing for years now
tenchidragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:44 pm Reply with quote
It was probaly Sailor Moon but i had no clue what anime was at that time.The first anime i saw when i found out what it was,was Tenchi Muyo!.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7